Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > Forum Feedback and Support > FitDay Classic Feedback and Support
Black beans and Rice calorie figure seems high >

Black beans and Rice calorie figure seems high

Community
Notices

Black beans and Rice calorie figure seems high

Old 03-09-2017, 07:03 AM
FitDay Member

Default Black beans and Rice calorie figure seems high

Hello fitday friends, the calorie count for 1 oz of Black beans and Rice that is returned from a food search is reported as 6,520.4. That seems awful high for a one ounce serving.

For 1 serving of Black beans and Rice the reported calories are 230.0.

What food portion size did the programmers base the serving size off of, and can you please verify the accuracy of these numbers?

Thanks

I think the link below goes to the food in question

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/FoodVi...50-587D26561-c
Old 03-09-2017, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator

I looked at the restaurant serving for black beans and rice. That was around 660 (something like that). The calories for a cup was around 220.

I don't know why you got such a high value for an oz. I didn't get that value for an ounce so I don't know where it came from.

I look up stock prices on yahoo! finance one after another and eventually, the stock price does not change. It kind of gets 'stuck' even though the name of the stock changes. This happens when I look up a lot of stocks, using the same search method, putting the ticker in a box on the screen.

When you got that outrageously high number of calories for an ounce of beans and rice, was this during a particularly active session in the food log, where you looked up a lot of different foods?

The only way I can 'unstick' the value that repeats is to clear my browsing history using settings in whatever browser I'm using. FWIW, I'm in Windows 10. I use several different browsers but this particular problem happens in all of them.

The bottom line is that I was not able to reproduce that high calorie count for an ounce of rice and beans. Maybe someone else can clear up the mystery.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Kathy, I closed my browser and cleared everything and tried it in a different browser with the same results.

Most just be a snafu on my end, thanks for checking it out for me.

I'm on Win 7 Pro, Firefox, and tried Avant browser as well.

Cheers.