Notices

Sugar content

Old 07-28-2011, 11:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default Sugar tracker

I agree. Please add a column for tracking sugar!
Old 08-02-2011, 05:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default Counting Sugars

For about 10 years, I counted sugars only. I would have 12 to 14 sugars per day. I never paid attention to calories or carbs. I told the doctor and he told me that wasn't the way to handle diabetes. My A1C is always around 6.5. I just starting taking a pill last year. I thought I would try counting calories, just for the change. My BMI is 24.8. I exercise six times a week. I love keeping a log of my food intake. I made my own spreadsheet when counting sugars. this is a lot more fun. To maintain my BMI I can have 2500 calories. I've been doing around 2000. I don't eat sweets, unless it is sugar free. There are so many foods now that don't have sugar in it.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:17 AM
FitDay Member

Yes Please let us track sugars!! Very important to the nutrition labels for the food. Will foods be updated when sugar is added?
Old 08-26-2011, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

We'll be requesting this sugar tracker.... I would love to have it, it will be helpful on our diets.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:53 PM
FitDay Member

Default Pantothenic Acid

Similar to sugar, pantothenic acid isn't shown on the nutrition label for "Custom Foods" but yet it shows in the Nutrition tab, is there something I'm missing?
Old 09-04-2011, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by shan.nichole
Similar to sugar, pantothenic acid isn't shown on the nutrition label for "Custom Foods" but yet it shows in the Nutrition tab, is there something I'm missing?
Not really. It's built into the foods database on the site. It's just "hidden".

So a food high in pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5), like eggs, will display the amount when looking at the RDA percent reports but it doesn't show up in the Custom Food box as an entry (Food Label).

When looking at an egg from the site database, you won't see pantothenic acid listed under the Food Label, but you will under the "Total Nutrition" and the "%-RDA/AI Graph" tabs for the egg.

Last edited by VitoVino; 09-04-2011 at 02:27 AM.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default Sugar

Why is sugar not tracked?
Old 09-19-2011, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default IMPORTANT to add sugar grams

I cannot figure out why they would leave something SO important out of the calculations. I wonder if they even read these forums. I need to have somewhere I can track my sugar intake too. I may search some of the other food journals (but I hate to leave this one because I really like the site.)