Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > Forum Feedback and Support > FitDay Classic Feedback and Support
Fitday needs to address the constant log out issue >

Fitday needs to address the constant log out issue

Community
Notices

Fitday needs to address the constant log out issue

Old 03-27-2015, 11:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default Fitday needs to address the constant log out issue

Several of us over on the Weekly Motivation thread have noticed how difficult it has become to stay logged on at Fitday. It happens to me with annoying frequency. I'd estimate that for every 10 times I switch pages, be it on forums or on my personal logs, I get 3-4 log outs.

It is particularly annoying when one has written up a lengthy post and, upon pressing "Submit", finds oneself back at the log-in screen.

Fitday is a good site, although I get the feeling it is somewhat neglected by its owners. I've looked into a few other nutrition/tracking sites, but for the most part, Fitday's format meshes with my needs. That's not to say there aren't things that need to be improved here. But for the most part, Fitday is the best fit for me.

HOWEVER, if this particular issue isn't addressed, it may be time to move on. From the lack of traffic on the forums, I wonder if others haven't already come to that conclusion.

Come on, Fitday, you can do better than this.
Old 03-27-2015, 11:16 AM
FitDay Member

As if to prove my point, I got logged out upon submitting the post above. Thank goodness I've started copying my posts before hitting "Submit". But honestly, I shouldn't *have* to do that.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:58 AM
Administrator

Try this automated link to see if it fixes things:

https://www.fitday.com/webfit/reset.php

Originally Posted by episode2011
As if to prove my point, I got logged out upon submitting the post above. Thank goodness I've started copying my posts before hitting "Submit". But honestly, I shouldn't *have* to do that.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:59 PM
FitDay Member

Tyen: When I try the link you posted, it tells me it's 'not available'. Do you know what gives? Vicki
Old 03-31-2015, 07:12 AM
Administrator

Hmm not working for me either. I'll have our tech team take a look.

Originally Posted by rosabella2012
Tyen: When I try the link you posted, it tells me it's 'not available'. Do you know what gives? Vicki
Old 03-31-2015, 10:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tyen
Hmm not working for me either. I'll have our tech team take a look.
Thanks, Tyen, much appreciated. Today and yesterday have been a bit better, performance-wise. Maybe the system just needed a swift kick . (Hope I didn't jinx it just then).
Old 06-01-2015, 12:40 PM
FitDay Member

Question Logging out too fast

When I am preparing dinner, I like to log in the foods as I go, but I have to log back in to FitDay every time! I see this is an ongoing problem for other people. Has anybody found a fix? Mine logs out after less than a minute of inactivity. Very frustrating!
Old 06-02-2015, 02:58 AM
Administrator

Usually clearing your browsers cache and cookies for the site improves things.

Originally Posted by dd100
When I am preparing dinner, I like to log in the foods as I go, but I have to log back in to FitDay every time! I see this is an ongoing problem for other people. Has anybody found a fix? Mine logs out after less than a minute of inactivity. Very frustrating!
Old 06-19-2015, 03:29 PM
FitDay Member

Default Auto Timeout/logout, pretty much pushing us away .

I was considering going premium, but now I'm about to abandoned
this entire app/website due to having to log in every 5 min.
FIX IT!
Or at least give us a choice to enabled/disable.
nobody is going to touch my computer.
and if someone got into my fitday account, who cares?
"omg, they'll have access to such important information" (sarcasm).
Security must take into account the actual things that are being Secured.
Why would you lock something like a screwdriver inside a double locked fire-proof safe?
Old 06-22-2015, 02:25 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I keep running into this and several other issues. If/when I get a response from Fitday support, they take forever to respond, make one suggestion (use the already posted reset link) and nothing changes.

Besides being constantly logged out, older days' entries are not available in my public journal (what GOOD is it then??), And older activities are not available from the listed format that shows about 2 weeks worth of data.

I AM a premium member. Don't bother. You can get a few more reports but you can't design your own reports that are useful, particularly for activities. No ads but how much good is that when the program keeps logging you out??

And I have emailed for support multiple times. Slow response time when they respond at all and nothing has been fixed. Won't be renewing my premium membership. Too bad, because I've been on Fitday since 2002 and have a long list of customized food entries that I can't easily move someplace else.

Appears to me that very little time and support is being provided for this service. The food database does not appear to have been updated in a very long time. (No entries for Greek yogurt, for instance).

Frustrated and posting here because of the lack of response through emailing support.

Marcia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.