Notices

Activity not in database: How to customize an existing activity?

Old 11-26-2010, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

there are countless number of activities or machines that we can do, so there would be no way to have them all listed. A custom activity would be a nice option, I can pass this on to see if anything can be done.

In the meantime, I suggest finding the closest thing to what you are doing and adjusting the to to match the actual calories burned. Most machine will tell you the calories burned. As far as the classes, you'd have to have a HR monitor/calorie counter on you to get an accurate burn. If you don't have one, it may be hard to calculate since everyone burns calories at a different rate.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:42 AM
FitDay Member

Question Elliptical

I burned 300 calories yesterday using an elliptical machine at the gym for 30 minutes. Cannot find a way to represent that on my activity log as that activity is not listed and I cannot find something comparable.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forums. The important thing is that you know the calories burned. You could really log it under anything and manipulate the time to reflect the calories, but I'd probably do it as stationary bike.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

What about a ski machine? I would think it would be quite similar since you are standing and working the arms and legs.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:34 AM
FitDay Member

Question Gazelle glider

Hello, I have a gazelle glider I am taking out of the dusty corner today. i know how many calories burned per minutes used. but my question is how do i log it as i cant find a place to customize an exercise and i can find it in the listings of exercise. This is my first day here ............but most definitely not my last.

Results for Gazelle Glider - Light
# Minutes # Calories
1 16
5 79
10 157
20 315
30 472
40 630
50 787
60 (1 Hour) 945
Old 12-01-2010, 06:40 AM
FitDay Member

There's no arc trainer either, which is what I use at the gym. When I was logging activities, I used elliptical machine and adjusted the time to match what the gym machine told me for calorie burn. Does the Gazelle get your heart thumping good, or is it too easy? Can you adjust the resistance? Not that I have room for one right now, but someday I'd like to have in-house equipment instead of the gym membership, and it's hard for me to find good cardio that's also zero impact. My joints are terrible.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by willsoncharly

# Minutes # Calories
1 16

60 (1 Hour) 945
Welcome to Fitday willsoncharly!

I have a gazelle. I used it when I was recovering from a leg injury. It was no impact which was great. It's also fun!

There is not a built in resistance on mine but there are exercises that you can do on it for RT's.

Calories burned depend on your weight, effort and resistance.

For a 130 pound female going Max Vo2 for 60 minutes, you would burn approx 869 cals, the same as going Max Vo2 for 60 minutes on an elliptical.

For a 180 pound person going Max Vo2 for 60 minutes you would burn approx 1,203 cals.

The gazelle can't handle my Max Vo2. It isn't sturdy enough plus you would have to go for 60 minutes straight without stopping or slowing down. The little tracker that came with it is not accurate at all.

IMO the gazelle is much easier than the elliptical, but I see better results faster from my elliptical.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC
Welcome to Fitday willsoncharly!

I have a gazelle. I used it when I was recovering from a leg injury. It was no impact which was great. It's also fun!

There is not a built in resistance on mine but there are exercises that you can do on it for RT's.

Calories burned depend on your weight, effort and resistance.

For a 130 pound female going Max Vo2 for 60 minutes, you would burn approx 869 cals, the same as going Max Vo2 for 60 minutes on an elliptical.

For a 180 pound person going Max Vo2 for 60 minutes you would burn approx 1,203 cals.

The gazelle can't handle my Max Vo2. It isn't sturdy enough plus you would have to go for 60 minutes straight without stopping or slowing down. The little tracker that came with it is not accurate at all.

IMO the gazelle is much easier than the elliptical, but I see better results faster from my elliptical.

first newbie dumb question: what is Max Vo2????

as for my gazelle i bought the sturdiest, most advanced machine....it has shocks on it so i can change the resistance, with my bad knee i have never gotten it to go to fast but i do get a work out on it. I agree the tracker is not the best but just like my pedometer if i keep using it i at least have an average to know if i am doing more or less. i cant afford a different piece of equipment so i am going to have to make this work.

thanks for the input everyone.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

Default Can someone help me with logging activities like the gazelle??????

Originally Posted by willsoncharly
Hello, I have a gazelle glider I am taking out of the dusty corner today. i know how many calories burned per minutes used. but my question is how do i log it as i cant find a place to customize an exercise and i can find it in the listings of exercise. This is my first day here ............but most definitely not my last.

# Minutes # Calories
1 16
5 79
10 157
20 315
30 472
40 630
50 787
60 (1 Hour) 945

Hi-- Im new to this whole thing, and trying very hard to stick with it but i havent been able to figure out how to log working out on my gazelle on fitday...i tried just listing it as a ski machine but the calories with the time worked out dont match... Can someone pleaseeeee help me?!?!
thanks! Alicia
Old 12-23-2010, 09:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default Elliptical

Is there any way to get an elliptical machine added to the databsae so I can stop estimating with the running profiles?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.