Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > Forum Feedback and Support > FitDay Classic Feedback and Support
Activity not in database:  How to customize an existing activity? >

Activity not in database: How to customize an existing activity?

Community
Notices

Activity not in database: How to customize an existing activity?

Old 07-06-2011, 08:56 AM
FitDay Member

Default Pilates and Bikram Yoga

Could you also add Pilates and Bikram Yoga. These are very common activities.

Also, think that custom additions would be great!
Old 07-06-2011, 09:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks

Thanks for the feedback, folks! I've been using stair treadmill option too, as it usually tells me about the same as what the elliptical tells me. I think it's probably pretty accurate, since my weight loss doesn't seem to be reflecting the huge calorie burns you've seen, taubele. I figure there's no harm in underestimating anyway
Old 07-11-2011, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

i do it in the winter. if i was to guess, u can probably put it down as the wii fit generalization. for example you would put all your aerobic time down as on aerobic.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:47 AM
FitDay Member

It would be nice if we coould do that. I just look for a conditioning exercise that is close to the time and calories I expended. I like using my wii fit although I haven't been as much in this weather. It's great for keeping track of your weight. I used my daughter's this past weekend - it had been 400 days since I was on it. Great to have a 24 pound loss!! I've lost more than that but had gained before I started losing. It was fun seeing it all at once! Mary
Old 07-11-2011, 11:40 PM
FitDay Member

Default calories burned through HIIT should be added in activity

I do high intensity interval training 2x/wk (jog/sprints 30min) as a way to burn more fat & calories. However, I don't see this as an activity.

I've just been using the running 8.5 min/mile as an activity since I mostly run at that pace on a treadmill then kick it up to max for a minute then back down, then repeat 5x for 30min.

From what I have read online, any sort of HIIT doesn't show much caloric burn while training but post workout, there is still caloric burn going on.

Please fitday, add HIIT as an activity.

Thanks.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:55 PM
FitDay Member

Question Help with activity log??

Is there a way you can customize your activity log like you can the food log? I would like to be able to enter a specific workout and number of calories burned. The options they give aren't matching what I need to log for calories burned. This is the only thing I don't like about Fitday so far
Old 07-12-2011, 09:32 PM
FitDay Member

I'd also highly recommend using a Heart Rate Monitor to figure out what your true burn is. Most of the machines I’ve come across are fairly inaccurate.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:59 PM
FitDay Member

To get around this I usually log less or more activity time depending on what my HRM says I've burnt.

I log my training/kms covered on another site and focus on nutrition/calories in/out here.

I'd be interested to know if there's a work around...
Old 07-19-2011, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

I do use a Wii fit to exercise, more so in the winter. Now that it's warm out I've been swimming, but I still will do some exercises on the Wii and use that to weigh myself as well. I've just been putting down something similar on my log (like, boxing for the rhythm boxing) and if it goes over that calories the Wii said I burned, I just adjust the time.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:45 PM
FitDay Member

Default Update Activities

There's only one choice for Yoga in your Activities and nothing for Pilates. Why is this? There's a HUGE difference in different types of Yoga between beginning Hatha and Hot Bikram Yoga, for example. If I do a typical Bikram Yoga, which lasts for 90 minutes in a 105 -degree room, I'm going to burn hundreds of calories, nothing like the simple Hatha Yoga you have listed. can you please update the Yoga Activity and add a Pilates choice? Thank you in advance!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.