Notices

NOT Calculating Vitamin A correctly

Old 03-31-2013, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default NOT Calculating Vitamin A correctly

I sent an email to alert staff that the online, free, version of FitDay was NOT calculating Vitamin A correctly and I didn't receive even a "thank you" let alone an explanation.

I use Atkin's Protein "shakes" to assist in my weight control. On the back of each container, it shows that it supplies 25% of Vitamin A per container. So, I input the dietary info from the label into FitDay as required for proper calculation.

Thus, when starting a new day.... Vitamin A should read 0 before consuming any food.

After drinking an Atkins Shake, the Vitamin A on FitDay should read 25%. But it doesn't.

In fact, after consuming three during the day, Vitamin A should read a minimum of 75%. It does not.

Then, I also add into my diet a multi vitamin of a name brand. That should push the calculation over 100% at a minimum. FitDay online does not respond & calculate correctly.

As an experiment, I simply input 10 carrots to see if it would recognize that food. FitDay then calculated over 100% of Vitamin A.

Bottom Line: FitDay staff needs to respond to customers, first and foremost. (As I explained to them, I did own a purchased, stand alone PC version previously).

Secondly, they need to correct the failure of their program to properly account for Vitamin A inputs of foodstuffs.

Thirdly, this miscalculation makes me question the accuracy of other minerals and vitamins being tabulated.

In the end, its not a critical issue. But it IS an issue.

Nothing bugs me more than someone who is too lazy to do their jobs properly once they have been notified.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default NOT calculating Dietary Fiber correctly, either

Originally Posted by db803
I sent an email to alert staff that the online, free, version of FitDay was NOT calculating Vitamin A correctly and I didn't receive even a "thank you" let alone an explanation.
In addition to the free, online version of FitDay NOT calculating Vitamin A correctly,,,,,

I just noticed that it is NOT correctly calculating Dietary Fiber correctly, either.

By inputting the products I've already mentioned, my Dietary Fiber calculation is not correct due to FitDay improperly acknowledging the ingredients.

And, again, I emailed FitDay staff about this and they still didn't do anything nor respond to my email.

LAZY ???