Notices

What happened with the Macros Pie Chart?

Old 02-15-2013, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default What happened with the Macros Pie Chart?

It disappeared? Can't see it today? Is it gone and only available for the paid customers now or something?
Old 02-16-2013, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

Choose 'calorie intake' from the drop-down menu under the box to the right of your food log. That box area usually has an advertisement, then it has the default display that you choose (could be calorie breakdown, with the number of grams for each category).

You also see that drop-down menu with its box next on the dashboard screen, in the same spot - to the right.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
Choose 'calorie intake' from the drop-down menu under the box to the right of your food log. That box area usually has an advertisement, then it has the default display that you choose (could be calorie breakdown, with the number of grams for each category).

You also see that drop-down menu with its box next on the dashboard screen, in the same spot - to the right.
I have the same problem. There are only ads now, whereas before there would be ads and underneath there would be the chart pie and the drop box. But about a week there is no more date visible in the dashboard and there are only ads and no charts in either food log or activity log or dashboard. Any ideas how to get it back?
Old 02-18-2013, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

I find the ads annoying in that spot but they do go away. When I add a food, for example, it won't 'take' unless I add it after the advert has taken its good sweet time to display. I figure that's just the cost of getting free fitday on my PC.

Do you have the same problem if you use a different browser?
Old 02-18-2013, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Its something on their end. Browser specific. I don't get the graphs/charts on the right anymore in Google Chrome, but they still show up fine in Opera.

Using Opera to enter a custom food however, doesn't tab to the next field, so you have to manually click each one which is a real pita (although works fine in Fitday Classic). If you do a custom food in Chrome the tabbing to change field works fine (in 2.0).

Fitday 2.0 is simply too buggy, it seems someone is actually working on trying to make it better because things like the charts just break, or the site doesn't behave properly when it was before (sort of).

They need to hire additional help to get 2.0 to 2.1, or get rid of the current person(s) because 2.0 has been around for a while and it still sucks. It looks prettier than Classic, but I often sacrifice looks for something that works and use Classic.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:40 AM
Super Moderator

I'm using Mozilla (Firefox) and haven't seen this problem, so maybe that's why!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Padme_Amidala
I have the same problem. There are only ads now, whereas before there would be ads and underneath there would be the chart pie and the drop box. But about a week there is no more date visible in the dashboard and there are only ads and no charts in either food log or activity log or dashboard. Any ideas how to get it back?
yes that's correct! It depends on which browser you use! I used to use Firefox, but when i switched to Google Chrome the chart pies disappeared. But when I opened my account in Firefox again the chart pies was there again! Thanks for sharing this information!!