Notices

Fat calorie breakdown issue

Old 01-11-2013, 05:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default Fat calorie breakdown issue

So I just switched over the FitDay 2.0, and I was looking at my calorie breakdown (see screenshot). You can see that the percentage of calories for each group is in the third column. However, it appears to be reporting the percentage of total fat calories for saturated and other fats, not the total of all calories. For instance, it says my percentage of calories for saturated fat is 47.7% for 50.7 calories from sat fats. However, my total calories so far is 480. Instead, my total fat calories is 106, of which 50.7 calories is 47%. The same follows for mono and polyunsaturated fats. Hope this makes sense! I do look at my percentage for saturated fats, so it would be nice if this were correct! Thanks.
Attached Images
Old 02-04-2013, 10:31 AM
Administrator

It's a typo.

If it is showing that 47.7% of your *calories* are from saturated fat, it actually means that 47.7% of your *fats* are from saturated fats.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:57 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks! I had actually already figured that out, though. I was hoping someone could fix it so that the percentage is the correct of total calories, which is how it is in classic. The percentage that sat fats are of fat is not really a useful number. There are recommendations about sat fat percentage of total calories, which is what I was hoping to match.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:27 AM
Administrator

They're working on that
Old 02-05-2013, 07:53 AM
FitDay Member

Sweet, thanks!