Notices
Like Tree3Likes

Please delete my FitDay account (Moderated thread)

Old 06-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

danielcarter, As for now that's all I have to suggest. I'm going to see what I can find out on this. I'll keep you posted.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by danielcarter

I just received another email (Subject "The Guide to Skinny Summer Drinks – June 2012"), so I would say that marks an increase in email activity from the system. I could just mark these emails as spam, and will do so if I must, but the emails are a reminder that I have personal health data sitting in some service that I can't redact or remove.
Have you tried this...

Go to User CP

Under Settings and Options choose Edit Options.

Under Messaging & Notification uncheck Receive Emails.

Scroll to bottom of page and choose Save changes.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:34 AM
FitDay Member

Many thanks to 01gt4.6 for your help. It is really appreciated.

vabeachgirlNYC, thank you very much for the information, but receiving spam emails is not my primary problem; I can stop spam emails in many different ways. My problem is purging my personal health data from a system I no longer use. The emails act as a reminder that I need to remove that personal data.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:24 PM
FitDay Member

Default Piiiiiissed off

Wow, I've been a member of this site for less than an hour and already I desperately want OUT. I'm completely disgusted that you don't have a delete account option for people who haven't forked over money to you.

For some reason this site seems to think I weigh 145kgs, even though I never entered a weight, and it refuses to let me change it. I tried many times but the page is greyed out and I can't click on a single thing or enter a weight. That renders this site USELESS to me.

Also, having read some of the forums this site seems pretty shady (refusing to reply to people asking for refunds is a massive red flag, as is people paying for premium but still being bombarded by ads).

No doubt VitoVino will come along and have a go at me but he'll be wasting his time because I'll never be coming back to a site that I've come to despise so much in such a short amount of time. Especially not just to see what some nasty self-righteous prick has said to me.

First impressions are important and WOW WOW WOW have you made a bad one on me Fitday.

Do what I'm about to do people - change your email addres to a fake one, then never return.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BelleClarke
Also, having read some of the forums this site seems pretty shady (refusing to reply to people asking for refunds is a massive red flag, as is people paying for premium but still being bombarded by ads).
FitDay, like many sites have a PM feature. Just because you didn't see a response publicly, don't assume that the situation wasn't taken care of privately.

I belong to many sites and I can't think of any that have a delete account option. If they do, I've never noticed.

As for other members, try not to let one bad apple spoil the bunch.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Default Deleting my account

Hi guys,

How do I delete my profile on fitday? Cannot find any options under profile.

Thanks.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:47 PM
FitDay Member

I'd like to delete my account too. Thanks!
Old 10-12-2012, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, I've been a member of this site for less than an hour and already I desperately want OUT.
+1

FitDay, like many sites have a PM feature. Just because you didn't see a response publicly, don't assume that the situation wasn't taken care of privately.
I suggest giving some clear confirmation that it was taken care of privately, in every case. Because right now what people see when they come here is no option to leave the site, a bunch of people asking and getting no clear answer, and some clown ranting on about how they don't have a legal case, and wondering why so many people post once and never come back.

I belong to many sites and I can't think of any that have a delete account option. If they do, I've never noticed.
I have wished to close my account on many sites, and in every case I have been able to do so. Either through an automated process, or a clearly stated cancellations email address.

Not having your process down is one thing. Not even comprehending why people would even care is pretty much an instant do not use this site warning in my eyes.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by FDJames
+1

I suggest giving some clear confirmation that it was taken care of privately, in every case. Because right now what people see when they come here is no option to leave the site, a bunch of people asking and getting no clear answer, and some clown ranting on about how they don't have a legal case, and wondering why so many people post once and never come back.

I have wished to close my account on many sites, and in every case I have been able to do so. Either through an automated process, or a clearly stated cancellations email address.

Not having your process down is one thing. Not even comprehending why people would even care is pretty much an instant do not use this site warning in my eyes.
FDJames, my response about not everything being posted publicly and is sometimes being PMed was in reference to premium charges and premium accounts. To my knowledge all have been corrected and Admin contacted the members directly. There is no reason for us to always post that an issue was fixed, as long as the member that is concerns knows, that's all that counts. I have yet to see of a member come back after I was told it was fixed and say anything other.

As far as other sites, this is a recent thread another site that I belong to (**be warned before reading** that the members there are not friendly and the moderators and admin allow it)Please delete this account : Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums: Gixxer.com deleting accounts isn't as common as people think. BTW, I'm not a moderator on that site and the way that the mods and admin handles issues is ridiculous.

Here's other sites that I belong to, I use to be a moderator on this one but I stepped down b/c I wasn't active enough and we were never able to delete any members account, only ban >> http://mustangforums.com/forum/forum...e-account.html

... and another (they claim at one point they can but I've never known them to delete an account)
http://forums.corral.net/forums/loun...y-account.html

I've asked to be removed from a couple old sites that I no longer visit and it's yet to happen, so this isn't just a FitDay thing.

I hope this gives some clarity.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 10-12-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:40 PM
FitDay Member

Wow, I've been a member of this site for less than an hour and already I desperately want OUT. I'm completely disgusted that you don't have a delete account option for people who haven't forked over money to you.

For some reason this site seems to think I weigh 145kgs, even though I never entered a weight, and it refuses to let me change it. I tried many times but the page is greyed out and I can't click on a single thing or enter a weight. That renders this site USELESS to me.

No doubt VitoVino will come along and have a go at me but he'll be wasting his time because I'll never be coming back to a site that I've come to despise so much in such a short amount of time. Especially not just to see what some nasty self-righteous prick has said to me.

First impressions are important and WOW WOW WOW have you made a bad one on me Fitday.

Do what I'm about to do people - change your email addres to a fake one, then never return.
I hear ya, I started the account to check it out and see what it has to offer. For some reason this site takes forever to load on my PC, my guess is all the ad's loading. Found this thread to see if I can cancel and seen VitoVino douche bag's reply's and want out ASAP. With members like that I would have left regardless.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.