Notices

Trying to Use FitDay to Gain Weight? Read Me!

Old 06-02-2010, 02:31 PM
FitDay Member

I clicked on Forum rules but gave me a 404 not found error, so I don't know the rules on double posting..

Anyways, how do I keep eating when I feel ridiculously full? I've been feeling really full for the past couple of days, and eating is getting hard. I can't take more time between meals as I need my rest. Before you guys say that I should cut down, I remind you I am eating healthy(sort of) and also looking to gain weight.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:10 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by circusact
Anyways, how do I keep eating when I feel ridiculously full? I've been feeling really full for the past couple of days, and eating is getting hard.
Just wondering, how long have you been at this? If it's only been a week or two give your body a chance to get used to the load, lift hard and heavy, and the muscle should pile on. You may not need many more calories.

However, if feeling full is your problem, try drinking more of your calories. Drop a couple tablespoons of olive or flax oil (or if you're feeling adventurous, a raw egg) directly into your protein shakes. Take shots of olive oil before dinner (I think it tastes good so it might be easier for me). Also, go for energy-dense foods. You're morning toast is quite porous, so you fill up on a lot of air. If you take that out and add in another egg or three, you'll load up on that much more protein and fat, but without much added food mass.

And don't worry about OD'ing on iron from your vegetables. Believe it or not there are vegan bodybuilders out there and they don't seem to have that problem.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:37 AM
FitDay Member

I second Titan's question!
Old 06-04-2010, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

I just sent in an email asking about that feature. I'll post the reply here if I get one.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

Default Newbie trying to GAIN weight

I almost feel like I don't belong here because mine is, as far as I've been able to tell, the only post about needing to gain weight. But I am hoping to find some support anyway, since all of us have issues with our weight, whether it's over or under a healthy number.

I have always been underweight, from early childhood on, but by the time I was a freshman in college I had hit a healthy weight for my height (120lbs at 5'7"). Still slim, but healthy enough. Then I became very sick for a year and lost 20lbs, which I have not been able to gain back even after a year of trying.

I know the obvious answer seems to be, "Eat everything in sight!" The problem? I am allergic to corn and all corn products (including HFCS, dextrin, dextrose, malodextrin... etc.). That eliminates most high-calorie foods for me, which makes getting enough calories into my diet hard enough as it is. I am also lactose intolerant, so a lot of dairy products are on my "can't eat" list.

I am at 105 lbs now and would like to gain at least 15 more. I'm hoping that maybe I'm not the only one here looking to gain weight to reach my healthy weight goal rather than lose it, and that maybe someone will have some tips as to how to deal with an allergy-restricted diet and still get enough calories.

Thanks for your help!

- K
Old 06-07-2010, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

I would think that all natural peanut, butter, whole eggs, lean proteins such as chicken and pork, nuts and beans would help, but I would be careful to try and gain the weight in a responsible manner, not just gain XXX pounds. All of those foods are pretty protein rich and have a decent amount of calories without stuffing yourself full of carbs. Best of luck.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

Calorie dense food without a lot of volume, like raisins and dried fruit, in addition to nuts, would provide more calories without filling you up.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default Cheshire

I had a friend in high school that had the same problem. I was always over weight and she was too underweight. She ate all the time and struggled.
Due to you being allergic to things I would definitely consult your doctor or a dietitian- they should be able to steer you in the right direction.

Good Luck To You
Old 06-17-2010, 04:27 AM
FitDay Member

Ditto. I don't think this is just a handful of people. It seems silly not to have that feature. I had to lie about my starting weight just to have it accept my goal weight which is higher than what I'm at now.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:49 PM
FitDay Member

Have you ever had your thyroid checked? Hyperactive thyroid is an issue for many people fortunantely for most of them, they don't have as many allergies as you do to work around.

-Large bananas can have as many as 380 calories.
- Try the Gluten free Issle at the grocery store. ( many of these foods are made more healthy and with less sugar as well as the gluten)
-GNC nutritional supplements.
- If there is something wrong with your thyroid there are different medications that could be helpful to your needing to gain weight.

i would love to know what your reactions are to these alergens. These are some new and unusual ones for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.