FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay 2.0 Feedback & Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-2-0-feedback-support/)
-   -   Trying to Use FitDay to Gain Weight? Read Me! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-2-0-feedback-support/4778-trying-use-fitday-gain-weight-read-me.html)

Zburatorul 09-25-2010 01:51 PM

Bump. Are any admins reading these forums? How hard is it to disable a simple check in the code and let us all create a plan to GAIN weight.

Lizzycritter 09-26-2010 12:48 AM

A lot of pregnant girls complain about this too.

ardell8888 10-10-2010 12:24 PM

Not just the guys

There are women that would like to gain weight, although they don't tend to admit it because of the negative reaction from those that are trying to lose it. For job related issues, strength and power, I would like to gain at least 10 pounds of lean mass and I hope this site will be helpful. Eventually, I hope, this site will recognize that some of us are under our desired weight and will help us achieve our goals. :cool:

noelminneci 10-10-2010 12:58 PM

According to the book "Diets Don't work," the one surefire way to GAIN WEIGHT is to go on a diet.

SkinnyBitch8 10-12-2010 05:27 PM

Gaining Weight

I would also like to gain muscle (which would cause me to gain lbs) and this website which is otherwise extremely helpful, won't let me set a goal above my current weight. PLEASE CHANGE THAT FIT DAY!
I am wimpy and working with you to get strong. Help me get there.

buznee 10-17-2010 01:52 AM

I am having the same issue here. This should be a simple implementation.

lordmage 10-17-2010 10:46 PM

i hate to suggest this but look at the reason behind why you want to gain weight and find a more appropriate place to track it. just remember you could reverse those numbers to get an idea on how much more a day you would have to eat. but remember to gain weight you just have to eat more then you burn. maybe a bodybuilding site may help you best.

lordryan1992 10-20-2010 08:18 AM

gaining weight

hi im 17 years old but 18 in 4 to 3 days and im 5"7 and im 100 pound can you help me 2 Put on weight and idea plz because i got a fast Metabolism cheers :)

midwestj 10-20-2010 08:27 AM

Just like someone trying to lose weight you need to monitor your calories. Except you need to be at a significant calorie surplus, and hit the weight room with vigor.

At 100 pounds you would probably do well gaining weight at around 3000 or 2500 calories. You can't just eat and think you are eating a lot and expect to gain weight. You need to document everything.

And not any old food will do. Healthy food, fruits veggies, whole grains, lean meats. You cannot eat junk food and expect to put on quality lean mass.

Its going to take a lot of diligence in the kitchen and with your nutrition to be gaining weight.

It basically boils down to this: heavy lifting, calorie surplus, consistency.

A good program to start with is: StrongLifts 5x5: The Ultimate Strength and Muscle Program | StrongLifts.com

Good luck and don't give up early, it takes lots of time. You will gain about .5-1 pound per week, if you stick with the program. Over a few months that will really add up.

rpmcduff 10-21-2010 02:46 AM

You can also check out Bodybuilding.com for more information, support and inspiration. They have a Teen Transformation of the week feature that may be especially pertinent to you. There is also a thread in their forums called Transformations From Skinny to Mass. Here is the link **Transformations from skinny to mass pics*** (post them everybody) - Bodybuilding.com Forums

rhopejr 10-21-2010 03:43 PM

I'm also trying to set a weight goal higher than current as well for weight gain purpose. It shouldn't be hard for them to implement it.

klindstedt 11-09-2010 12:22 AM

trying to gain weight

I'm trying to gain weight and fit day is not letting me enter a goal weight that is higher then my current weight. Any ideas?

Lizzycritter 11-09-2010 01:31 AM

This site does not support weight gain as a goal, despite numerous complaints from body builders and pregnant ladies. So you probably need to either ignore it or find another site that does :( Plenty of forum support for that here though.

IBAngel 11-09-2010 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by klindstedt (Post 24957)
I'm trying to gain weight and fit day is not letting me enter a goal weight that is higher then my current weight. Any ideas?

This question has been brought to our attention recently and our tech team is looking into whether or not this change can be made. I will keep you posted.

AlexanderBoss 11-09-2010 03:26 PM

"Your goal weight is greater than your starting weight."

I just joined recently and started tracking my foods as part of my diet. I want to gain weight but cannot set a goal for myself!

Does anyone know a way around this?

01gt4.6 11-09-2010 03:54 PM

they are working on a fix for it.

AlexanderBoss 11-10-2010 01:40 AM

Ok thanks!

nwoebcke 11-13-2010 04:08 PM

Trying to gain weight as well

I'm trying to gain weight too. I'm also a programmer and I shouldn't think the change to the software would be that great. It might be as easy as turning off the warning that says you need to put a future weight lower than the current weight.

However, I suppose the graphs may be designed for just decreasing displays and if you try to draw and increasing line over time you may need to change the starting coordinates in the display. And this could be a low-priority feature for the development team as well, as they probably have more urgent fires to put out.

Anyway, I second this request.

Nick

bobbienne 11-16-2010 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by IBAngel (Post 24983)
This question has been brought to our attention recently and our tech team is looking into whether or not this change can be made. I will keep you posted.

That would be nice since the focus should be a healthy weight and lifestyle whether one needs to gain or lose weight, right?

nrelax 11-17-2010 09:44 AM

Yeah that would be awsome if the graphs and everything can help with weight gain.

ameliaamy 11-29-2010 01:10 PM

Change your starting weight

I am pregnant and still use fitday to track what I'm eating, to keep perspective on my weight gain. The goal is 25-35 pounds, so I initially set a goal of 25 pound gain by setting my start weight to current weight +25 and setting goal to the same.

This won't tell you what your calorie surplus needs to be, but I still love the chart showing my weight change voer time/approaching goal.

soccerchick101 12-12-2010 10:28 AM

if someone needs to gain weight to be healthy or in the healthy range....why not allow it??? :confused:

Angrysquirel 12-29-2010 03:01 AM

Trying to gain

Hello,
I was wondering if there was any way to add a weight goal above what I am at now. I am a bodybuilder and currently at 215 6'. I wanted to set a goal for 240 to adjust my calories and such. The online software gives an error when trying to set a higher weight goal.
Any help is appreciated, thanks!

rpmcduff 12-29-2010 04:01 AM

This is a known defienciency of Fitday. There is another post in the Feedback and Support forum that you might want to chime in on. Support is supposedly working on a solution.

01gt4.6 12-29-2010 12:06 PM

as Ron said, this has been addressed and we are working on a fix.

pndrdsy 01-07-2011 02:39 PM

Trouble Setting a Weight Goal

I wanted to set a weight goal on this site, but can't seem to. My goal is to gain weight, and this doesn't seem to be an option? Is there a way to make it an option?

Basic_wonder 01-12-2011 07:30 AM

We used to be able to do this and then one day it started showing that error. It would be nice if they returned that functionality to the site. Not all of us are trying to lose weight ....

jimthames 01-20-2011 11:42 AM

Nice job 01gt4.6!

Impressive transformation.

01gt4.6 01-20-2011 11:43 AM

thanks, hard work and dedication has gotten me this far. I just have to keep pushing. Thanks again.

snomonkey33 03-10-2011 04:27 AM

Diet & Exercise for Weight Gain

I have been working on gaining weight while maintaining high levels of exercise and nutritional food without wandering into the "underweight" range of the BMI, and trying to improve physique and strength. I love to use the site as a tool to analyze my diet, as well as plan my meals and calorie requirements for hiking and winter camping trips.

It's useless for my weight goals since it just gives me an error if I put in goal weights higher than my current.

I suggest that this limitation be removed for people like me that are bodybuilding, powerlifting, strength training, or just plain underweight.

Thanks,
Sean

abktaw 03-10-2011 05:42 AM

help

i just want to find a site that i can track my daily meals to gain weight. this is very annoying trying to find a site to do this. it seems that its all about losing weight. why cant people realize it is just as hurtfull to be teased about being underweight as it is to be overweight. i dont know where to go to get the help i need. i have searched the internet for days, visiting alot of different sites...still no luck finding what im looking for. can anyone give me any suggestions?

01gt4.6 03-10-2011 07:18 AM

this has been brought to our attention and passed on to Admin & Tech support.

weitzel7 03-13-2011 10:44 AM

weight gain

my son needs to gain 25 lbs. I tried to set him up so he could see how many calories he needs to eat and chart his progress/goal but the system would not let him because his goal was higher than start. is there a way around this?:)

mecompco 03-13-2011 10:53 AM

Sorry, not at this time. A request for this feature has been made to TPTB.

Regards,
Michael

megacurie 03-13-2011 10:56 AM

I am trying to gain mass as well and find it frustrating I cant put a goal weight that is higher than my current. Id be happy to see this fix, seems like it would be super easy..

01gt4.6 03-13-2011 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by weitzel7 (Post 39542)
my son needs to gain 25 lbs. I tried to set him up so he could see how many calories he needs to eat and chart his progress/goal but the system would not let him because his goal was higher than start. is there a way around this?:)

Most people figure that a "normal" calorie surplus or deficient is 500/day. For example, if he's trying to gain weight and he's burning 3000 calories/ day and he eats 3500 cals/ day he'll put on weight. I hope we have this corrected but in the meantime at least he'll know what he's consuming and burning.

Why does he need to gain 25 pounds? Is he trying to get into a certain weight class or something? Another option... I know that a lot of people that try to gain weight will drink GOMAD. GOMAD is Gallon Of Milk A Day. You can google it. I don't know if that helps any.

chafchino 03-22-2011 05:47 PM

yeah its still the same, hasnt been changed yet.. im looking to gain weight, im at 133lbs, my body is lean like i have muscles like my biceps,tris,abs, but im just not satisfied being at 133lbs plus i eattt alottt and im so frustrated with not getting my weight goal where i wana be..eg. 150lbs..any suggestions guyz? help

01gt4.6 03-23-2011 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by chafchino (Post 40760)
any suggestions guyz? help

did you not like my suggestion? What about taking a weight gainer?

eric1407 03-25-2011 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by weitzel7 (Post 39542)

There is a very natural way to gain weight : drinking fenugreek water .
this a natural cure used in Morocco for centuries and I am sure it is used elsewhere in this world.
Put fenugreek gains in a glass of water overnight.
Let him Drink the water. in the morning. repeat this step everyday until he reaches his desired weight.
Fenugreek is an aliment, and it is consumed in bread and soup in Morocco, so no side effects.
The only side effect is he will gain weight lol

oxymoronicah 03-29-2011 04:24 AM

why won't fit day allow me to set a weight (gain) goal?

So I just started using fitday to keep track of my foods so that I can gain weight. I entered my current weight, 91 lbs and saw that my bmi is 17.25. Fitday says I'm underweight (which I know of course) and that my BMI should be 18.5, however why oh why won't the website allow me to set a goal higher than 91 lbs?! I keep trying and getting error messages. I put 80 just for the heck of it. Unfortunately, that entry was accepted. :confused: