Notices

Trying to Use FitDay to Gain Weight? Read Me!

Old 02-05-2012, 03:15 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cfc2012
I guess this site isn't sophisticated enough for anything but regular dieting?

Actually, if one uses his head, it's not difficult to use the site for maintenance, weight gain, AND dieting. By using one's head, I mean not getting all hung up on setting a WEIGHT GOAL. The site can still be used to track calories, macros, micronutrients, and tracking your weight, body size, etc. etc. etc. That's pretty "sophisticated", but only if one doesn't get all bogged down with REPORTS that are geared towards weight loss.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default Need to GAIN weight, not lose it

I'm confused...the goal weight part of the site won't let me put in a goal weight higher than where I'm currently at. I'm really underweight for my height and I need to GAIN weight, not lose it. So what do I do with the goal weight tracker?
Old 02-25-2012, 10:37 AM
FitDay Member

I'm confused as to why you didn't bother taking a few minutes to search before posting.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...t-read-me.html
Old 02-25-2012, 12:15 PM
FitDay Member

Isn't this a newbie thread? Maybe that's why I asked a newbie question.....
Old 02-29-2012, 04:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default Suggestion: Weight goal of gaining weight

Fitday used to allow a weight goal of gaining weight. This has long been removed. Last I checked it's not an option in "Fitday Classic". I'm sure I'm not the only person who uses this site to help in gaining weight in addition to losing it.

A workaround is to set me weight to something higher than my goal weight, set the goal weight to what I want, then set my weight back to the actual value. How about just allowing people to enter a goal to gain weight?
Old 02-29-2012, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dextrous1

A workaround is to set me weight to something higher than my goal weight, set the goal weight to what I want, then set my weight back to the actual value. How about just allowing people to enter a goal to gain weight?

I tried this very thing and could not do this. When I set my weight back it told me that my goal weight was higher and wouldn't allow it.

Could you post your steps please?
Old 02-29-2012, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

I stand corrected. It looks like that workaround has been taken away also.

EDIT: Looks like you can change your start goal weight to something (fake) higher than your goal weight and then set your end weight to what you want. Your daily current weight can still be set to less than your goal weight.

Last edited by dextrous1; 02-29-2012 at 05:04 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:21 AM
FitDay Member

I stand corrected. It looks like that workaround has been taken away also.
Well, that SUCKS, plain and simple. I just tried this recently myself, and that's why I was wondering. Thanks.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

Maybe an idea for another premium-only feature? They do seem intent on making the free account useless anyway.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

Maybe an idea for another premium-only feature? They do seem intent on making the free account useless anyway.

They have announced that this is the plan, but haven't specified if it will be for Premium or regular:

Permalink: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post66968

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.