Community
Notices

Still feel exhausted after sleep

Old 04-26-2019, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Still feel exhausted after sleep

Hi Guys,

I'm feeling very exhausted for te last few months even if I sleep very well.
Is there someone else that had to deal with this problem?

Need help.

Tired of feeling tired
Old 04-26-2019, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

You could talk to your doctor and while you're at it, get a complete blood chemistry done. I have had this problem - still do, some days. I thought it was simply part of aging, complicated by being on some kind of diet most of the time! Almost a decade ago, my doctor at the time (who has since left the practice) detected anemia, so I started taking a low-dose iron supplement. It did not solve the problem, but then, I have not been taking iron in a supplement faithfully until this past month. I rarely eat meat and I give blood regularly, but my blood passes muster every time it is tested.

Drinking more water also should help because fatigue can be a symptom of dehydration. I drink too much coffee and I'm considering just drinking hot water instead of coffee. Coffee is a diuretic!

Your doctor would know better than these suggestions. So talk to him or her. If you do have some illness or condition, you want to have that tended to earlier, rather than later, right? You don't want to mask a condition, you want to confront it!