Notices
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lmhjcr
  • 1 Post By lizardsandflies

creating recipes

Old 03-27-2017, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default creating recipes

I just started using this app and can't find a link for creating recipes that I make. Such as a chili recipe that I make - entering in all the ingredients and then the amount of servings it makes so that I know the nutritional information for one serving of that food and then entering it into my food log.
Is there anything for doing that with Fitday?
hummingbird5684 likes this.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

I posted this in the wrong section. So Sorry about that - not sure how to delete the post
Old 03-27-2017, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

I deleted your duplicate post.

There is not a tool for creating and saving recipes on fitday. If I am going to do that, I create the recipe elsewhere, make a note of the nutrition data, and enter the data for the entire recipe as a custom food.

There isn't a specific place for sugars to be counted as data, nor trans fats. Sorry!
Old 03-27-2017, 10:05 AM
FitDay Member

okay, thanks so very much for letting me know.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there,

I just got through emailing Fitday about just this topic! Anyways, might I suggest MyFitnessPal.com as a good companion site for Fitday.com? You can get a free account and it lets you copy/paste in recipes from the web or input your own recipes manually. They have a pretty extensive database of food, but they also have a feature that lets you create your own food if you can't find what you are looking for.

Once I create my receipe profile on MyFitnessPal.com, I can come back to Fitday and upload it with the nutritional info, just as Kathy13118 suggested.
IBJoel likes this.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:26 AM
Administrator

I have suggested a recipe builder to our development team.

I can't promise it will be implemented!

Originally Posted by lmhjcr
I just started using this app and can't find a link for creating recipes that I make. Such as a chili recipe that I make - entering in all the ingredients and then the amount of servings it makes so that I know the nutritional information for one serving of that food and then entering it into my food log.
Is there anything for doing that with Fitday?
Old 03-12-2018, 04:40 PM
FitDay Member

Did you get an answer for this? I have exactly the same question. How do I calculate the calories of homemade food?
Old 03-13-2018, 05:38 AM
Administrator

At present, there is no plans to implement this, but lizardsandflies gives sound advice.