Notices

Food Journal Adds Foods in Strange Places

Old 06-18-2014, 03:03 PM
FitDay Member

Default Food Journal Adds Foods in Strange Places

I've been keeping my foods journal off and on for years. When I added additional foods to my foods eaten in a given day, it always used to add them to the bottom of the list. Now it starts out that way on a given day, but if I close the program and come back to it later in the day to add more foods, sometimes it adds them at the top of the page and sometimes in the middle. This does not work for me. I need to have my dinner foods at the bottom of the list, not between breakfast and lunch, as sometimes I need to come back to a record for doing a diabetic analysis by meal.

I've cleaned cookies and re-booted the computer, neither of which helped the situation. Is there anything else I can do to solve the problem or is this a new program fault?
Old 06-19-2014, 04:38 AM
Administrator

I just can't seem to reproduce this issue. I enter foods and they appear at the bottom as expected.

After you add a food item and they appear to be at the top, can you click elsewhere in the page and then back to the log and see if it doesn't appear back below?

I'll also notify tech staff to see if there is anything going on.

Last edited by tyen; 06-19-2014 at 04:49 AM.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:34 PM
FitDay Member

Yesterday every time I tried to reply to this thread my computer froze or crashed in some way with all three browsers - IE, Google Chrome, and Firefox. My BF said he thought he knew what was causing all the problems for me on this site, so he used a different disk cleaner than I'd used and it seems to have fixed all the problems. He believes the problem was caused by my internet history needing to be cleaned. So if anyone else reads this thread and has a similar problem, give that a try.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:15 AM
Administrator

Do you only use a computer to access your account or do you also happen to be using the mobile app?

Originally Posted by twofatcats
I've been keeping my foods journal off and on for years. When I added additional foods to my foods eaten in a given day, it always used to add them to the bottom of the list. Now it starts out that way on a given day, but if I close the program and come back to it later in the day to add more foods, sometimes it adds them at the top of the page and sometimes in the middle. This does not work for me. I need to have my dinner foods at the bottom of the list, not between breakfast and lunch, as sometimes I need to come back to a record for doing a diabetic analysis by meal.

I've cleaned cookies and re-booted the computer, neither of which helped the situation. Is there anything else I can do to solve the problem or is this a new program fault?
Old 06-23-2014, 09:26 AM
FitDay Member

The problem has returned. I got it to work on Saturday, but Sunday it was the same problem back again. I entered my breakfast items. Closed the program. Later entered the program and listed my lunch items. They showed up correctly at the bottom. Closed the program. Later entered my dinner items. They showed up between my breakfast and lunch items. Nothing we did, using disk cleaner, C-cleaner or anything else worked. Any new item I tried to enter went into the middle, not at the bottom. I finally had to re-enter all my lunch items (which put them in the middle ), then delete the originally entered lunch items at the bottom, then continue to enter the dinner items without closing the program to get them to appear in correct order.

I use only my computer for accessing the FitDay site. I have no apps.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the update. I'll add this to the problem ticket.

Originally Posted by twofatcats
The problem has returned. I got it to work on Saturday, but Sunday it was the same problem back again. I entered my breakfast items. Closed the program. Later entered the program and listed my lunch items. They showed up correctly at the bottom. Closed the program. Later entered my dinner items. They showed up between my breakfast and lunch items. Nothing we did, using disk cleaner, C-cleaner or anything else worked. Any new item I tried to enter went into the middle, not at the bottom. I finally had to re-enter all my lunch items (which put them in the middle ), then delete the originally entered lunch items at the bottom, then continue to enter the dinner items without closing the program to get them to appear in correct order.

I use only my computer for accessing the FitDay site. I have no apps.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:28 PM
FitDay Member

I'm using classic and I noticed this happening to me in the past few days as well. It doesn't continue in one list. It starts at the top or adds to the middle. I thought it was weird too. It had never done this before.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:34 AM
Administrator

Also make sure the browser is up to date.

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
I'm using classic and I noticed this happening to me in the past few days as well. It doesn't continue in one list. It starts at the top or adds to the middle. I thought it was weird too. It had never done this before.