Notices

Customized Activity

Old 04-18-2010, 07:01 AM
FitDay Member

Default Customized Activity

This is a question/suggestion:

Does anyone know if there is a way to customize your activity, the way you can add customized foods? For example, I have a stationary bike that tells me how many calories I have burned, and it would be cool to be able to just enter that instead of using the estimates provided.

Thanks!

Last edited by stdecf12; 04-18-2010 at 07:03 AM.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi stdecf,
At the moment Fitday does not seem to have that capability. About the only thing you can do is choose a similar activity and mess around with the times or paces to match your stationary bike data. I end up doing that quite a lot for running. In that case I usually end up choosing a pace that is actually higher than what I ran, but once I enter the time it works out to what my Forerunner says.

I agree, it would really cool if you could just enter your own data. I'm not sure why it couldn't be done by the techno-wisards, it would seem to be pretty easy.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:10 AM
FitDay Member

Question Activity calorie values are wrong

Hi, I am a new fitday user, and I've been getting really strange calorie burn values for the activities I've entered, for example, if I plug in 1 hour and 3.5 miles for 'walking 3.5 MPH up hill' it gives me a value of 9 calories!

If there is a moderator reading, could you please explain what I surely must be doing wrong?

Old 04-29-2010, 05:41 AM
FitDay Member

I've been wondering that too. Fitday has proven great as a food log, but I also want to get my P90X workouts in there. I searched the forums and it seems that lots of people have requested the ability to have that (and other) activity added, or even the ability to customize a calorie burn. My heart rate monitor tells me how many calories I burn per session, so I'd love to be able to input my own data.

I tried putting in an hour of calisthenics for my P90X Plyo workout, but an hour of Fitday "vigorous" calisthenics shows a 580 calorie burn. My HRM indicated I burned nearly twice that. I could theoretically have bumped the calisthenics duration to 2 hours, but I'd like it to be a little more accurate than having to fudge the system.

Seems most requests for this feature or even an admin to take a look at it have one unanswered.