Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
Power/Oly Lifting >

Power/Oly Lifting

Community
Notices

Power/Oly Lifting

Old 06-04-2010, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

I just started FitDay because I am finally determined to lose my fat. I have been strengh training for many years and didn't care about my weight gain. I could bench 405, deadlift 595, and squat 350 (low) 465 half. I am now almost 45 years old and I keep failing to match those numbers. So, I guess it's time to get my body fat in check and not worry about the big numbers. I'll probibly never hit them again, so I just need to accept it.
I have not changed my lifting routine (although I can't lift as much weight), but I have added cardio to the end of it. I am holding my calorie intake to under 2500/day and I am already dropping weight. I love free weights and I think they offer the best results, however, I do use some machines when it makes sense.
I may offer advise every-so-often, and if you have any questions, just let me know.
It's sad to me that I am on the downhill side of lifting, but I'll enjoy reading about your PR successes!