FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Exercise (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/)
-   -   do any one think it is hard to eliminate the fat on arms? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/8631-do-any-one-think-hard-eliminate-fat-arms.html)

EmmaWu 11-19-2012 10:52 PM

do any one think it is hard to eliminate the fat on arms?

do any one think it is hard to eliminate the fat on arms?
it is disgusting lots of fat on arm.:(

dmartz 11-20-2012 01:45 AM

It's simple to eliminate fat on arms... just not easy. Eliminate fat in general and you'll look and feel better.

rpmcduff 11-20-2012 05:34 AM

Unfortunately you can't spot reduce. As you reduce your bodyfat it will typically be more visible in some areas than others. Some people lose their stomach fat first, some last. You can make you arms look better through exercise so there is underlying muscle structure. As you lose your arms will look better and better. Do bicep exercises like curls, Tricep exercises like tricep presses and kick backs. Don't forget your shoulders with Front raises, side raises and military presses. Try to use a weight that you can only perform 4-6 repetitions before you cannot lift it again with good form.

shineright 01-18-2013 02:38 AM

I dont think arm fat is any sturdier than the fat on the other body parts.
I had a similar problem at the beginning of my weight losing mission - and here is a useful tip for you, I picked up from my ex trainerīs ebook
swivel your arms in circles while they are in a horizontal position. Start with small circles then go big do this 3 times a day for 1min.

Worked for me, so give it a try :).

sevensix 01-24-2013 05:15 PM

I'm with dmartz and rpmcduff - you just have to lose fat all over for it to show on your arms. I'm looking forward almost the most to my arms being slender and toned again when I get the weight off, I love wearing sleeveless tops and it's nice to have something to show off when I do.

basedgod1 03-02-2013 02:00 PM

No can not spot reduce. You lose fat from all over your body. Where u keep your shit is genetic. You can workout your arms and make some gains

Ouchie 03-06-2013 01:32 AM

Some said it already . . . you cannot spot reduce fat.

Genetics will decide where fat comes off first . . . and last.

Be patient. stay on track. The fat will come off.

mmbrown74 09-06-2013 12:37 AM

Gonna try this!!

Originally Posted by shineright (Post 94470)
I dont think arm fat is any sturdier than the fat on the other body parts.
I had a similar problem at the beginning of my weight losing mission - and here is a useful tip for you, I picked up from my ex trainerīs ebook
swivel your arms in circles while they are in a horizontal position. Start with small circles then go big do this 3 times a day for 1min.

Worked for me, so give it a try :).

shineright - great tip, I am going to try this. Something I can do when I am at work too. Thanks.

LChang3 11-20-2013 07:55 AM

I agree. When began doing TRX training, I noticed that I became leaner overall. My arms (along with the rest of my muscles) became more toned. However, my TRX exercises targeted all muscle groups.