Community
Notices

Couch to 5K

Old 07-03-2010, 08:36 AM
FitDay Member

Bad news for me, I fell of a trampoline on Thursday and injured my back. My chiropractor thinks a rib may be cracked. My running will be on hold till I feel better, so I may have to go back a few weeks on the c25k. Very disappointing.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that, Avelina! I hope you heal quickly and I hope you aren't in too much pain. You have been so great about the c25k. You did the whole program without having to repeat a single week. With that under your belt, even if you need to go back a few weeks when you're ready to run again, you will be back to running 5k before you know it and it might be fun to revisit the process. I personally think the program is quite exciting.

Get well soon!
Old 07-05-2010, 07:45 AM
FitDay Member

Well I had to repeat day 2 of week 6 this morning. There was just no way I was going to able to run for 25 minutes non-stop. It's about 1000 degrees here today and it was hard enough to run 2 sets of 10 minute runs. I have never sweat so much in my life. I must have drank at least 3 litres of water today. It's freaking HOT!
Old 07-05-2010, 03:39 PM
FitDay Member

Wow, this is amazing. I just looked at it and it really... inspires... me. I'm making an acount right now.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:02 AM
FitDay Member

WOW! I ran for 25 minutes continuously this morning! I just completed week 6 day 3 so from now on I am running without walking until I reach the ultimate goal of running 30 minutes continuously. I had to repeat days 1 & 2 of week 6 because I wasn't ready to run the 25 mins during the heat wave. It's still pretty damn hot out but today I felt ready and I did it! I can't tell you all how good it feels. Just 7 weeks ago I could barely run for 1 minute and now look at me!

I hope everyone is enjoying this program as much as I am! I hope you all feel as proud of yourselves as I do!
Old 07-12-2010, 07:31 AM
FitDay Member

Congrat mtlgirl....I knew you could do it! How exciting and I bet you are just beaming knowing that you are running continuously now from nothing only a few weeks back.

I am starting again tonight with a running buddy who is just as excited as I am. I guess I am calling this "again" W1D1... :O)
Old 07-12-2010, 09:11 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks tjkhoover! I am really happy today! If I can do it anyone can.

Incidentally I started the c25k program back in April but didn't get past week 3 so this was my second time around. In the grand scheme it doesn't really matter. The most important thing is that you enjoy it and you feel amazing getting fit! You can do it!!
Old 07-12-2010, 12:48 PM
FitDay Member

Well....we did W1D1...jogged for distance not time so we did a grand total of 3.25 miles with a warm up and cool down. We felt great...and it was definitely neat to have someone along side of you pushing when you might have quit a few steps short. I am so excited about beginning and look forward to the next run Celebrating!
Old 07-13-2010, 05:40 AM
FitDay Member

Last edited by m330; 07-13-2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:16 PM
FitDay Member

Hey guys. After a ten year relationship ending and me feeling like crap, I've finally decided to get in shape and feel better about myself. I've already been running/walking for a few days now. I generally run until I need to stop and then walk until my heart rate and breathing go back down a bit. Tomorrow, though, I'm starting this and I'm super excited. I was wondering if there was any benefit to running more than 3 days per week. Plus if anyone wants to be my buddy, I'd welcome it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.