Community
Notices

Couch to 5K

Old 06-11-2010, 05:44 PM
FitDay Member

treadmills the levels are actually your mph. so at 3-- it is 3mph.
techinically-- 3to 4 is walking and 4.1 to 5.9 is jogging.
running is not until 6. if you know your speed when you run then just run your normal speeds. I do however suggest slowly upping your speed. not just jamming on the up bottom. go up 4 to 5 wait a couple secs and see if you are comfortable.
I love doing speed work on a treadmill and I run outside. but I find that I run slower on the treadmill overall. it might be best just to do some laps around the surrounding neighborhoods instead of being cooped up.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:12 PM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=avelina;12846] I think I'm going to work on running a certain distance as opposed to time, so I'll try to run 5k (which I don't do even in 30 minutes yet!) but attempt to improve my speed each time I do it. I'd be happy with running 5k three times a week, at least for a while. My goals will probably change with time.]

most women don't run a 5k under 30. if you run a 5.0 mile pace you should finish a 5k in approx 36 mins. which is great and not a bad time at a 5k event (meaning you wouldn't be first but not last either)
Old 06-13-2010, 06:08 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I was running on the road W1D2....I didn't make it to day 3 simply because I am having some hip bursitis. I did this on the treadmill the last time and it is amazing how different it is. The pounding on the road is so much more.....but I like it out there and I don't have a treadmill anymore so I just am going to have to build myself up...so this may take me a little longer than I wanted but I am going to continue to check in with all of you and keep you up-to-date. I look forward to the day I can actually run 3.11 miles. I am doing the mileage and not the time....so even walking is an accomplishment for me right now. I am pursuing my goals
Old 06-13-2010, 06:10 AM
FitDay Member

Hey just noticed my signature isn't updating my weight loss....so I did it manually. Is that what everyone has to do or am I having a problem?

Last edited by tjkhoover; 06-13-2010 at 06:12 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

Hello C25K members,

I am back from Mexico City and am so proud to say I did not miss a run. I started week 4 on the hotel treadmill and it is so much easier to run on compared to the path in my neighborhood park, which is what I am used to. I was in Mexico for 4 days and completed 2 runs. Thanks for all the advice, Everyone.

This morning I completed day 2 of week 4 and it is defitely getting harder but I LOVE this program. I feel so good.

Jackie, I'm really sorry to hear that your hip is troubling you but again, you inspire me with your positive attitude and your determination. No matter what activity you can do, it's absolutely beneficial to your health. Way to go!

Have a great day, Everyone!
Old 06-16-2010, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats everyone on the awesome good work!!!! I'm so proud of you all!!

I just completed W6D2 today. Not as tough as W5D3, but I am dreading Friday's run of 25 min straight....yikes!
Old 06-16-2010, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I did my 3.11 miles yesterday and I am going again today. I am sticking with this sight because my ultimate goal is to run that distance. My husband walked with me and couldn't keep up...said that I am almost there. Another week or two of doing the bootcamp workout and pounding the pavement I will start with D1 again.

Congrats mtlgirl and luckygirl....I am excited for both of you. You will be running the full 3 miles in no time at all.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:32 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I've completed the program. I haven't been on Fitday in almost a week since I haven't been following my eating plan and I've been avoiding having to face the truth here...BUT I am proud to say that I didn't slack off on my running. I am running 30 minutes straight now. Some runs are harder than others and sometimes I'm slow, but I'm doing it. I haven't starting any other training yet, I'm just trying to get through these runs but I'm going to be ready to start increasing my speed in the next week or so. Thanks for all the support, and I'm so proud of all of you. You'll be running 30 minutes in no time too. It all went so fast for me.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:27 AM
FitDay Member

Just finished W6D3!!!!!!! Yeah!! I feel so pumped right now. I then decided to do my weekly weigh in....down 3.4 pounds this week! I'm feeling so awesome right now!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2010, 05:49 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats Luckygirl!! 25 minutes, that's so exciting!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.