Community
Notices

Couch to 5K

Old 05-08-2010, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hello to all the C25K buddies, I am back! I spent 9 days in New York City and it was pouring rain for 4 days in a row. Lucky me! So I only got 2 runs in, the whole time I was there. I unfortunately got sick... and ended up in the hospital. Turns out I have a stomach ulcer but after a week of rest, I am determined to start the program again tomorrow morning. I figure I should start from the beginning since I haven't done anything for over 2 weeks now.

I'm so happy to see that you are sticking with it, Avelina and you too, Luckygirl!

Wish me luck!
Old 05-08-2010, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Pouring rain in NYC...I live MA and its pouring cats and dogs right now!!!!

I went to the gym this morning (during the thunderstorm) and did day 4 of week 3. I think I'm definitely going to repeat week 3 this week. I also met a young woman about the same age as myself while their and now I have a workout buddy! So I'm thrilled to do the weight machines with someone now. I spent a total of 2 hours at the gym... all time record for me!
Old 05-15-2010, 09:04 AM
FitDay Member

I am going to start this today!
Old 05-17-2010, 04:21 AM
FitDay Member

After repeating week 3 a couple times, I finally moved on to Week 4 today!!!! Wow, I did it!!!! I couldn't believe I was actually able to jog for 5 minutes straight twice...but I was able to!!! I feel fantastic!

How is everyone else doing with the program?

I also found a gym buddy to do the couch to 5k program with me, which is a great motivation for me to actually stick with it.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

herrodere: glad to hear you're starting this program! Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

I'm doing very well. I finished week 5 on Saturday, which was 20 minutes of running, no breaks. It was very difficult for me and I had to keep reminding myself that it's supposed to be hard. I looked at my watch constantly for the last four minutes but I made it! I was quite proud of myself for not giving up because believe me, I wanted to.

Luckygirl15, congrats on moving on to week 4! Five minutes of running is a real accomplishment. I know how hard just five minutes is, I was just there myself and it's still not easy for me. I can't wait to hear how this week goes for you!
Old 05-17-2010, 11:01 AM
FitDay Member

Default Couch to 5K

My oh my, I'm going to cry on everyone shoulders. I want to get off the couch, but I do NOT have any will power to do it. So here I sit fat, dumb and not so happy at my computer, day after day. I work for about 4 days doing this Fitness Journal but then drop out and don't come back till like a month later. Ho hum, maybe some day I'll get with it. some of you are doing soo very good as I read your posts. Keep it up, you don't want to be like me.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Slimgram, we have all felt like that at one time or another. If we hadn't been in your shoes, none of us would even be here at fitday. I've started programs and stopped more times than I can count. Making permanent changes aren't easy when we've been doing it wrong our whole lives. I think that you can do this too, but you may not be ready. One day you will be. Keep reading the forum and post from time to time, you may find the inspiration you're looking for.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by avelina
herrodere: glad to hear you're starting this program! Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
So far it's going very well.. I've done the Week 1 schedule three times, but I might finish out the week with it before I move onto Week 2. I always thought that I hated running, but it's actually quite enjoyable! And interval training makes the treadmill much more interesting.
I definitely recommend C25K for anyone who thinks that jogging isn't for them .. it might be!
Old 05-18-2010, 01:24 PM
FitDay Member

I dont know if this has been mentioned before but if you have an ipod you can hook it up to the nike+, it sells for about $30 and works great. I hated running my whole life, when I was kid training for sports all the way to adult hood when going through academy.
I got the nike+ for ipod last may and loved using it so much I was able to run a 5K in sept in 30 mins and wasnt the last one to finish.
It has all kinds of programs and training programs, the worst case is that you dont use it and only out $30.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:01 PM
FitDay Member

Just finished day 2 of week 6, 10 minutes running, 3 walking and 10 running. It was tough, like every other week but I know I couldn't have done this on week one or two! I'm nervous for Saturday, 25 straight minutes. Today was the last day I have any time walking.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.