Notices

Couch to 5K

Old 04-16-2010, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
I also find it hard to get motivated which always confuses me because while I am doing the run/walk I love it. Even when it's hard (and it sure is some days) I still love how it makes me feel so why is it so hard to get motivated to go out there and just do it?
That sounds exactly like me. I know how great I feel after a run, so why is it so hard to get going some days? So frustrating!

Today is a rest day for me, I'll be completing week one tomorrow, and running outside instead of on a treadmill!
Old 04-16-2010, 08:25 AM
FitDay Member

Avelina, I'll also complete week one tomorrow. I prefer running outside but it's supposed to rain so I might have to switch to the treadmill at the gym. I'll wait and see how hard it's raining.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default Good morning Couch To 5k Buddies!

Well, I did it! I completed Day 3 of Week 1. Yay!

I suspect if it weren't for this group I might have skipped it this morning. It was cloudy, windy and drizzling but I went out and did it anyway because I knew I had to report back here. I am totally glad that I did it. I feel amazing now!

I hope you all are enjoying the program as much as I am. It's still hard but I love the feeling!
Old 04-17-2010, 03:54 PM
FitDay Member

Way to go mtlgirl! Glad you felt inspired!

I too completed week one with my first outdoor run. It was much harder outside than on the treadmill. I think I'll have to stick to outside so that it's not such a shock to the system!
Old 04-18-2010, 11:23 AM
FitDay Member

Great job you guys!! I am exactly like you, I love how I feel after a run, and even enjoy the running, but can't seem to motivate myself most days to get out there and do it;but I keep working at it

I am doing a 34 mile hike in mid June with a friend, so we are doing long hikes on the weekends. I did 12 miles today, with a lot of uphill hiking. The sun was out and it was beautiful in the woods. Planning to get up and run 2 miles tomorrow morning... hopefully I don't hit the alarm and go back to sleep
Old 04-18-2010, 11:33 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you avelina! Good for you for getting Week 1 done!

flock4, that is amazing! 34 miles!!! Wow. That's a long hike! Are you doing that in one day? A couple of years ago I walked 60k (37 miles) in the Weekend to End Breast Cancer but it was over 2 days. It was a great experience. I love walking too!

Tomorrow is my next run/walk. I hope the weather cooperates!
Old 04-18-2010, 05:07 PM
FitDay Member

Tomorrow begins week 2 for me - 90 seconds running, 2 minutes walking!! It's supposed to be a gorgeous day here so I'm really looking forward to being outside again. My hamstrings are killing me from hours of yardwork this weekend, plus riding my bike all afternoon but I'm STILL going to run!
Old 04-19-2010, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Way to go, Avelina! It was a gorgeous morning for a run here too. I am so happy I went and my arms were sore from my workout at the gym yesterday. I did some cardio plus weight training which I hadn't done for a long while but I couldn't let my sore arms stop me from running.

I'm so happy I completed Day 1 of Week 2 this morning!

Have a great day, Couch to 5k buddies!
Old 04-19-2010, 05:44 AM
FitDay Member

I did my day 1 of week 2 this morning even though it was painful and difficult with my sore legs. I woke up and told myself that I could take the day off, but later convinced myself to go anyway! My next run won't be until Thursday since I'm going out of town for a few days. Hopefully I'll get some exercise through walking or something!
Old 04-19-2010, 07:33 AM
FitDay Member

Hi guys, I've been reading this thread since last week and you all have inspired me to start this couch to 5k thing!
I just finished day 3 of week 1.

OMG do I hate to run! I'm so out of shape.... I've never been able to run any amount of distance before in my life.

I'm so envious of all those wicked fit people who can easily run marathons and even a 5k..... I would love to someday be able to run a 5k. As of right now, that seems unattainable, but maybe this couch to 5k thing will work??

Thanks for the inspiration!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.