Notices

Couch to 5K

Old 08-04-2010, 02:38 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Smoosh!
I will definitely keep you posted and I encourage you to give C25K a try but go at your own pace.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, confession time. I didn't run after my last post till last week. I started once again on week 3. I think I just got lazy, plus with moving I haven't been making my fitness a priority. Today I completed week 3 so week 4 starts Sunday!
Old 08-22-2010, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

Rose, you are going to run in a 5K already. Good for you! Congrats on finishing are you planning on doing the one hour program or the other one. There are two programs to follow after c25k if you want to keep pushing yourself along with a program. Check them out.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tjkhoover
There are two programs to follow after c25k if you want to keep pushing yourself along with a program. Check them out.
Hi Jackie,

I will definitely pursue those programs but since I am leaving for Italy soon, I don't want to start a new program and then leave it for 3 weeks. For now I am using the Nike Plus on my iPod and just working on improving my time in the 5k. It takes me about 38 minutes to run a 5K, unless it's very humid then I usually take a little longer. Let's hope I have good weather on the day of the race, it's in a few days!

Best of luck with your program. Just go at your own pace. You will get there before you know it.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

Week #1 of C25K COMPLETE!! Woo Hoo

I know it's only week 1 but I'm proud of myself for sticking with it!

Rose can you tell me a little more about the NikePlus and how it works with your ipod? Also which ipod? I have a nano v3

Thanks
Old 08-27-2010, 01:03 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, awesome job! Way to go for completing week 1!!!!!

The Nike Plus kit is compatible with the iPod Nano, which is what I have. It's basically a sensor that you can clip onto the top of your running shoe (you have to buy a clip if you don't wear Nike shoes) and you have another little adapter that plugs into the bottom of your iPod. Then you basically use it as a sort of personal trainer while you run. It will coach you through a predetermined run. You can choose the workout duration according to time or distance and it calculates how far you have run, your speed and how many calories you burn. It's great!

Here's more information Apple - Nike + iPod - Run