Notices

Suggestions for exercising with a broken toe

Old 04-12-2010, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default Suggestions for exercising with a broken toe

So...I'm not the most coordinated person, and I proved that to myself again this weekend by smashing my toe off a desk in the middle of the night. Now that I can't walk on it, nevermind exercise on it, I'm worried about what kind of exercise to do while it's healing.
Any suggestions?
Old 04-12-2010, 04:38 AM
FitDay Member

Hi! Sorry 'bout your toe...darn things get in the way sometimes

If you belong to a gym...upright or recumbent bike, elliptical, stationery rowing machine, arch trainer, etc. If anything hurts, stop that activity. As to weight lifting, I'd avoid heavy squats, lunges, step ups, etc. For me, its usually more productive to focus on what I can do when I'm injured rather than what I can't. Otherwise my attitude can turn negative.

Hope you heal quickly
Old 04-12-2010, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

Well, you might check out your local library. Ours has a huge collection of workout videos, and some of them are specifically designed around sitting. On the flip side you can always work on your abs, flexibility and upper body. If you're using crutches, walk around the block a few times, you'll be amazed at the workout you get.