FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Exercise (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/)
-   -   30 Day Shred... (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/793-30-day-shred.html)

EMS1981 04-07-2010 06:35 AM

30 Day Shred...

I want to add Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred to my exercise routine but I need a buddy to hold me accountable. I refuse to go another summer in Southern Cali looking the way I do. Please join me on my journey that will begin tomorrow (4-08-10). :D

__________________________________________________ ________________
Starting weight: 215lbs
Current weight: 206lbs
Goal weight: 150lbs

MissLisaMonet 04-07-2010 07:27 AM

are you an advanced worker outer??? if not and youre kinda begginer/intermediate like me i will get the dvd and we can do it together??

veixsus 04-07-2010 07:43 AM

I love this DVD! I'm still on level 1, but it's been kicking my butt in a good way. :)

NessaSonic 04-07-2010 01:05 PM

I'm doing the Biggest Loser 6-week sculpting dvd, but when that's up, I'd like to go back to do the 30 Day Shred. I could really feel the difference the couple weeks I did it the first time, I wish I had stuck with it. I really REALLY want to be able to do full pushups! Arm strength/ arm tone is a huge goal of mine along with the 80+lbs I plan on losing.

EMS1981 04-07-2010 02:51 PM

I'm definitely not an "advance worker outer". :D I'm a beginner.

SkinnyErinn 04-07-2010 02:56 PM

I'm in... with pics!

I feel like I'm playing poker. I will get the DVD tomorrow and start it. We can trade before and after pics (after the 30 days) to hold eachother even more accountable! Somehow knowing that I will have to SHOW the difference help me stay on track.

jasiminelady 04-23-2010 06:34 AM

30 day shred

I have completed 11 workouts using level one of the 30 day shred within the last 15 days. What I have noticed so far is increased flexibility, energy, and muscle tone. I have lost 3 inches in my waist and 2.5 lbs. The workout has become easier and I can now do one real push-up :-). I find that taking a 30+ min walk after this workout helps with the muscle soreness. Would love to hear how everyone is doing with this program.

veixsus 04-23-2010 08:40 AM

I've been doing this every day since I last posted, although I usually take one day off per week as a much needed rest day since I also bike daily. I'm still on level 1, but will probably be progressing to level 2 pretty soon. I've noticed a remarkable increase in my strength, I'm able to do more advanced versions of most of the exercises and my push-ups, albeit girl push-ups, are progressing well. The push-ups are really the only thing that I have a lot of trouble with since I've never had that much upper body strength, but they've been improving... so I'm very pleased! :)

I've also had really nice support since my boyfriend does this DVD with me as well, although I kind of crack up when Jillian says things like "if you got it flaunt it, ladies, there's no shame!" My boyfriend's pretty awesome for keeping me motivated. :)

I'd love to hear updates from others on how you're progressing!

bsaz 04-26-2010 06:51 PM

Is it too late to join in? I'm on day 7, and I'm going to try level 2 tomorrow. I'm trying to lose the weight from 2 babies.

HolaKitty 04-27-2010 09:08 AM

I'm starting tomorrow! All my friends say it kicks your butt the first time so I'm prepping for some pain but really looking forward to it. I've been doing a few other dvds but found them quite boring and not very time effective so I'm hoping this will be just what I need. I'm excited!! :D