Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
30 Day Shred... >

30 Day Shred...

Community
Notices

30 Day Shred...

Old 05-03-2011, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

The Shred is what got me started - before thinking about nutrition or anything. What's great about it is the workout, from the level of the interval to the whole concept - 30 mins a day for 30 days - is entirely manageable - small goals are built into it, so that's motivating. It's just so convenient - you can easily fit it into your day. Hooks you into working out & feeling good. You start wanting to eat better.

I absolutely did see results - 9 lbs of loss, and everything tightened up.

Will just say that my knees took a hit - I did a bit of research on form and that helped.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:39 AM
FitDay Member

Just curious about the 30DS. How soon did you start seeing results?
I have been doing a Denise Austin DVD and just started in 30DS. I did it yesterday and this morning. I am already careful about what I eat and am currently keeping my carbs low to help weight loss.

All you people out there please help -
1. What weights do you use - I am currently using 3lbs for level 1. When shall I move up?
2. Did any one gain weight on this as muscle weighs more?

Thanks in advance

Current weight- 161
Mini goal- 155
Goal date- 5/31/2011
Old 05-03-2011, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

Move up to 5 lbs when 3 is no longer challenging, even just for particular sections. (I found the flies easy, so went up just for that bit for a while). At the same time that you're experimenting with weights, move up a level - you can even swap days/weights.

I can't remember when particular results happened... I know within the first week, I felt stronger. By the second week, I felt tighter and had lost a few pounds. Diet is (as ever) important in seeing results.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks pinenutcasserole.

I am using 5lbs for the flies. I tried the swats and presses with 5lbs but it was really tough. I'll try it again in a day or 2.

I haven't seen any weight loss, in fact i see an increase - don't know if the muscle getting formed can add weight so quickly. I will try not to weigh as much. i do feel stronger, I will focus more on that and start looking for weight loss next week.

Do most people move to level 2 in 10 days?
Old 05-04-2011, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

I think a lot of people chop and change, as suits their feeling. I stuck with Level 1 for a couple of weeks - the transition from being totally sedentary was tough for me. Had to take breaks because of DOMS.

After that, L2 wasn't all *that* bad, and L3 the same - I did L2 for I think a handful of days before trying L3.

Keep at it, sounds like you're making great progress!

--
re quick weight gain - now this is a pure junk guess, based on vague memories of something or other I might have read / heard / imagined - is it possible there's some kind of extra water/blood going to (and hanging around) the muscle fibres, given those brand new microtears and changed sodium or whatnot levels?

edit - lol, we've FINALLY got some sun today, I'm giddy. Sorry!
Old 05-13-2011, 08:53 AM
FitDay Member

I'm on day 8. I've been using 5lb weights for the last 3 days but I don't feel like i'm getting stronger. It seems really hard, sometimes harder than yesterday. Do I have bad posture or should I do it every other day to allow my body to fully recover?
I did see a 0.2lb decrease this morning so that's exciting
Old 05-16-2011, 12:28 PM
FitDay Member

I've used this DVD for a good six months or so, on and off. It's a good quick workout for when I don't have a lot of time and also something I can bring with me when I travel for work and do on the road.

I stopped doing it for a while in favour of biking, but had some nerve problems in my hand that made it painful to hold the handlebars, so I went back to the DVD.

As much as I like the workout and would happily do it every day, the constant high impact from all the jumping jacks and other bouncy exercises are giving me stress fractures in my shin bones.

So I guess I'm back to the bike.

But as far as weight loss goes, I don't see a ton of weight loss from it, so much as toning up. I don't care about the numbers on the scale so much as how my clothes fit and I do definitely notice an improvement in my overall shape if I stick with the DVD for even as little as a week.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

Default Ready to Go

Hi everyone,
I gained 18 pounds and I started to feel really out of shape, so last week was the last of eating junk! I'm working on a diet and I started the Jillian Michaels 30 days shred program which is a pain in the ass, but I hope it works. So I hope to post some progress in here soon...
Old 06-02-2011, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

I also just started the 30 Days Shred. Today is day 4 and although my muscles are in pain, I will continue to do it everyday. I don't know if it's Jillian or my willpower, but I don't want to skip a day, even though my muscles are crying to me to stop
As I said, it's only 4 days, but I feel that the exercise seems easier to me than they 1, which means at least I'm getting stronger. I hope it will help me loose some weight, but most importantly, I want to get back in shape. I hope to manage it soon!
Old 06-09-2011, 02:52 PM
FitDay Member

Good luck to you. It's good that you are starting now. It is soo easy to say "oh it's just 10 lbs" and then before you know it you are 50 or 100 lbs overweight...I should know. You can do it. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.