FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Exercise (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/)
-   -   30 Day Shred... (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/793-30-day-shred.html)

cjohnson728 06-28-2010 01:03 PM

I didn't do 30 days in a row; I put it in rotation with other exercise (including C25K). That kind of gave me a break and made different muscles sore on different days ;). I thought it was effective as something that will give you visible results pretty quickly, so that helps with motivation to keep going.

I am planning to take this and the No More Trouble Zones on vacation with me. I'll be gone for 10 days, won't have access to a gym, won't be running in the 90+ degree heat, and don't want to lug my weights along. The two of these should be enough to keep me in a holding pattern at least, especially since I haven't done either in 2-3 months.

runawayspoon 06-29-2010 03:19 AM

I just lost a post about this-- yes I am hanging with Jillian and getting results...haaha My dh also , and we laugh when she says "hit the mat, ladies!" Our dog also likes to lie on the towels, so it's a real family affair. I really like the weight training that is part of it.....we also like Kali Rae Yoga tapes, which I tried to get a link to: Kali Ray TriYoga - Free the Spine DVD ~ Kali Ray
Permalink: Amazon.com: Kali Ray TriYoga - Free the Spine: Kali Ray: Movies & TV Well maybe that will work....free the spine, and there is also strengthening, and free the hips. We do all three, and they are wonderful. Take about 40 minutes. I am a definite shred fan! Grandma Sharon:D

stitchergirl 06-29-2010 03:40 AM

I just picked up the 3o Day Shred this morning. So starting day 1 level 1 in about 20 minutes will report back in if it doesn't do me in.

hawaiiadobo 06-29-2010 06:56 AM

I've been doing the 30 day shred everyday(i pretty much started when I started fitday). I was dying on the first day of day one, but stuck with it. I'm now on Day 22 (Day 2 of Level 3) and workout 3 is Killer. I've definitely seen a change in my body - my lower body especially - much more firm. Plus I've lost almost 9 pounds in 3 weeks.

I did change my diet slightly (just watched my calorie intake) so the diet excercise combo really works. Diet wise, I don't really even feel like I'm on a diet because I never feel hungry, I just switched out bad choices with good ones.

I'll probably recheck my measurements after the full 30 days and give you all an update.

EMS1981 06-29-2010 11:55 AM

This time around I'm doing things differently. I'm mixing the levels around so that I don't get bored with it.

Day 2
Level 2

Starting weight: 215
Current weight: 200
Ultimate goal weight: 135

stitchergirl 06-30-2010 06:08 AM

Just finished day 2 level 1, I was sore this morning when I first woke up but now I feel great. Looking forward to my weigh in, did I just say those words out loud, lol.

EMS1981 06-30-2010 01:56 PM

Day 3
Level 1

Jillian is kicking my butt. :D

lprewitt 10-29-2010 07:35 AM

30 Day Shred

Has anyone tried the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels? I just recently cancelled my 2...yes TWO...gym memberships because I could never make it to the gym! I have P90X but I don't feel that I am in any shape to begin that at this time. I would really like to get my cardio and muscle strength up some and then begin P90X. I have three high school students that are in sports year around, so while they look like I use to, I am aquiring 'bleacher butt'.

Current-186
Long Term Goal-140

changeisgood29 10-29-2010 08:06 AM

Heya, I'm one of the many that have tried and consistently use 30 Day Shred. I think it's intense, but the improvements for me came pretty quickly. You'll notice a change in your endurance (and measurements) within the first week or so, if you're anything like me. I do the Shred every other day; I would just get too bored with it doing it every single day. I highly recommend it. I like that I can burn a slew of calories in about 30 minutes and it definitely goes by fast. Good luck to you and welcome to your fitness journey. :) Let us know how it goes.

almeeker 10-29-2010 11:16 AM

I have 3 DD's that are all in soccer, swimming and scouts. One way I've found to get time to work out is to stay at soccer practice and lap the field with my ankle weights on. Occasionally I get pulled on to the field to help with a drill, while the other moms look at me like I'm some sort of wacko. I might be a wacko, but I could blow them all out of the water in a foot race....

I also have the Shred and like it, although I've not used it as often as changeisgood, I'm going back to it for a while because I broke my elliptical.