Notices

Question on my workout routine! Any advice?

Old 04-06-2010, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Question Question on my workout routine! Any advice?

Every day my goal is to do my biggest loser weight loss yoga (30 min) and then walk my dog twice a day (the route we take is 2 miles and takes us anywhere from 40 min to an hour) I walk with my ankle weights on also.

I have a biggest loser cardio and strength training dvds. Should I be doing those as well?

Am I doing enough? Not enough?

Im thinking of adding weight lifting every other day. And my husband said I should do 10 situps an hour. Then when I get better do more every hour.

What is your advice everyone?

Last edited by oliviagilmore; 04-06-2010 at 01:39 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 04-06-2010, 05:30 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds like you have made the choice for fitness and you are headed in the right direction Oliviagilmore!

You do however, need to consider your nutrition. Exercise is only part of the weightloss puzzle. In order to lose one pound you must burn 3500 calories more than you take in but you should not cut calories drastically.

Every step that you take (literally and metaphorically) is a step in the right direction. It is great that you are taking daily walks with your dog and yoga is good for the mind body and soul. You should IMO cycle in the cardio and strength training dvds. Try not to take on too much at once and to warm up and strech before and after excercise. Weight loss is a slow process and it doesn't happen overnight. If it were easy, everyone would be fit. Keep your head up and have fun with it! I hope this is atleast kind of helpful!!

MissDazy
Old 04-06-2010, 07:22 AM
FitDay Member

Question Overdoing it?

Hi Olivia,

Everything you're doing sounds like really good ideas, I'm just a little nervous with the amount of everything. Two hour long walks a day is great but how do you find the time? And then you're suppose to add in 10 sit ups an hour (I've tried this, it's an amazing theory) or doing reps of something during commercial breaks..all great in theory but after a while it'll get lost in your day. When did you start all this/going to start?

From personal experience I've found it's easier to set specific time(s) (one for walking the dog, one for another routine--just one a day) and keeping it at that. If you add too much on too fast you'll burn yourself out QUICK and it will have a negative affect.

Also, cardio is good but I'm a firm believer that you need strength training to burn any kind of fat; muscle burns fat so although you can do hours of cardio, you'd get better results if you take half that time spent and put it towards weights. If you're looking for more exercise help I would suggest crossfit.com if for no other reason than to find a support network and gain more information.

Hope this helps at least a little,
Sarra