FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Exercise (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/)
-   -   Need Ideas for Hard Rock Training Playlist for Weight Training (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/7599-need-ideas-hard-rock-training-playlist-weight-training.html)

magyckmama 06-07-2012 05:11 AM

Need Ideas for Hard Rock Training Playlist for Weight Training

When I do my strength training I tend to listen to hard rock (AC/DC,Limp Bizkit, Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, and yes even some Marilyn Manson). Does anyone else share this need for butt-kicking music when they work out? If you have any suggestions, please let me know. I am running out of music!!!! I will gladly tell you what I have on my list if you would like to share!

And was wondering also if anybody had any suggestions for back fat busting moves with weights?

All the love possible,
LIZ:cool:

tandoorichicken 06-07-2012 08:00 AM

Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce back fat, but building muscle back there will help you burn more fat overall throughout the day. Pull-ups and rows of different types come to mind, along with deadlifts, front raises, rear flyes, even dips to some extent. If you really want to torch fat though, try sprints. Not just running sprints, but bike, elliptical machine, rowing machine, etc. Try 15 second sprints followed by 45 seconds of active rest for two minutes total, then work your way up to 5-6 minutes.

Spookycheeseofdoom 06-07-2012 08:21 AM

I like to listen to Amon Amarth while I weight train. Viking-tinged death metal from Sweden.

If you like Linkin Park and Manson, you owe it to yourself to try out Orgy.

cjohnson728 06-07-2012 09:06 AM

The heavier stuff on my iPod is Seether, Chevelle, Linkin Park, Shinedown, Slipknot, Breaking Benjamin, 3 Days Grace, 3 Doors Down (with some old school Queen, Dire Straits, & AC/DC in for good measure). I definitely match my music to my workout; took me forever to organize all those playlists :rolleyes:.

tandoorichicken 06-07-2012 10:04 AM

I prefer to get inside my own head and focus on each rep without music, but I don't mind it when my gym plays some classic rock or prog on the speakers overhead (Journey, Blue Oyster Cult, Motley Crue, AC/DC, LedZep, Scorpions, etc.)

magyckmama 06-11-2012 02:34 PM

Thanks so much

How could I forget some of those guys!? Have some serious downloading to do!!!! @Nik-Thank you very much for the ideas and I will give them a try! There always has to be one challenging area or it would be too easy! LOL Again thanks for the suggestions!:)

sw07 06-12-2012 03:32 AM

I usually listen to stuff way heavier than listed, but here's few more that might work for you.
Godsmack
Deftones
High on Fire
Otep
Lamb of God
Trivium
Mastodon

magyckmama 06-14-2012 08:53 AM

Ok, my mp3 is almost full! Thanks everyone!!

Got some awesome music....Now to put it to good use! Thanks everyone!!!!

Keily664 06-15-2012 10:21 AM

Here are some other suggestions. I personally like to listen to rap with good beet and lift to the beet.

Lil Wayne
T.I.
Young Money
Rick Ross
Yung Wun

Those are just some of my favorites. :cool: