Notices

Fellow hikers/ trail runners?

Old 03-28-2010, 11:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default Fellow hikers/ trail runners?

Hello all

Just joined today and I'm wondering if there are any other hiking and/or trail running fans out there? I used to do both quite regularly and am excited for our snow to melt and to get some new shoes and get back out there again. Would love to share stories and photos with others once I do!

Also, if anyone is in the Tahoe basin area and wants someone to get up there with, please contact me. For the time being, I am probably only ready for the easy and moderate trails, having not done much in a while, but I look forward to quickly getting back up to those difficult trails!

Oh, and does anyone wear Montrail hiking/running shoes? I found a pair I really like online, but would love some input/reviews about the brand.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Mammoth lakes

Hi Miss Kennedy,
I definitely love trails over pavement. We have a place just south of Mammoth lakes in the eastern sierra and I do, indeed, get up to Tahoe from time to time. We're parttimers in Mammoth, otherwise I spend most of my time in SoCal.

I am currently training for the Holcomb valley 15 milers in the San Bernardinos. It is a killer, but since no one expects to PR it is also a very convivial group of runners.

I, too, would be interested in hearing from anyone who has worn the Montrails. I need some new trail shoes, but would like to what others have experienced.