Notices

Exercise tips

Old 01-16-2012, 12:07 AM
FitDay Member

Default Exercise tips

Hi everyone,

Could someone provide exercise tips for eliminating "man boobs".

From past history only when younger and thin 189,2 pounds (190cm) the effect was not so visible.

Now i am in the process of loosing fat (currently 230 pounds) , so i think it would be wise to add some exercise in it. Would prefer simple exercise that one can do at home.

Many thanks
Theo
current BMI: 29,72
Goal in 5 months :202.4 pounds
Old 01-17-2012, 08:20 AM
FitDay Member

'Man Boobs' are a result of stored fat, not necessarily a lack of muscle. You cannot spot reduce this or any other problem area. You can exercise to build strength and muscle so as your bodyfat goes down the muscles will show through. Chest exercises include Bench Press, Inclined bench press, Inclined dumbell flyes, and bent arm pull overs. You can do the presses with either dumbells or barbells. You can do these at home if you have a weight bench and some weights or even resistance bands. See the Bodybuilding.com site if you need information on any of these exercises.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks rpmduff for the info.You do have a point there.
I will combine this with the following link :
How to Reduce Fat on the Chest | eHow.com

However what i have noticed in the past,is that when you have extra pounds "toning" your chest in the short run makes the man boob effect more noticeable. Lets hope for the long run !

Keep up your efforts!!