TEAM FITDAY: Running and walking club

Community
Notices
Like Tree1Likes

TEAM FITDAY: Running and walking club

Old 11-19-2011, 01:02 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by sw07
Went out for an early but chilly run this morning-it was about 37* when I hit the trail. I wore the perfect amount of clothes and did not overheat once I got going- wore shorts & my under armor long sleeve shirt.
Ran a comfortable 6.5 miles in a about an hour, I've also got a 5k race on Turkey day and need to get acclimated to the colder temps.
It was also neat watching the mist rise off of the river and hearing all the birds chirping & singing and I even saw a deer on the trail. It was a very relaxing sat. morning run.
Sounds idyllic Good luck on your T'giving day race!

Did a CrossFit WOD at home. Pull ups, clean&jerks, and air squats. Not quite as full throttle as it would have been at the gym, but a great work out anyway.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:47 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Sounds idyllic Good luck on your T'giving day race!

Did a CrossFit WOD at home. Pull ups, clean&jerks, and air squats. Not quite as full throttle as it would have been at the gym, but a great work out anyway.
Thanks Pam, however, there is a 40% chance of rain in the forecast for the morning of T'giving- no biggie tho, as long as I finish in the top 200 out of 25,000, it's all good
Old 11-20-2011, 05:35 AM
FitDay Premium Member

A friend twisted my arm into doing the Holiday Classic in Redlands. It is a 15K (~9 mi) on Dec 4th. I'm not really expecting a PR - haven't run much more that 7 miles in the last couple of months, but it will be fun.

The next "big" race will be the Death Valley 1/2 first Sat in Feb. I've run this twice before. It is a small race on hard top, but the scenery is gorgeous. Last time I ran it I had really severe foot and leg cramps, the kind that twisted my foot so badly I could only walk on the outside of my feet. Since then I have figured out the problem (insufficient sodium, contrary to the potassium hypothesis) so I bet I'll do a lot better .

SW, want to come down for this one? There is also a 10K.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning everyone Just had to share this... I didin't go for my run on Saturday night as we had company stop in. So all day yesterday i was dreading my run for some reason. Finally got to it at 6 last night and by 30 seconds running i was looooooooooooving it!!!

I ran for 11 minutes in total again and my dogs were happy i was happy, the world seemed peaceful.... I am loving this feeling. I think as much about getting in physical shape as i do weight loss now.

Have a great day everyone
Old 11-21-2011, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Great job wayne!

Just wait until you get up to 30 minutes or more and start getting the runner's high.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:07 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
Great job wayne!

Just wait until you get up to 30 minutes or more and start getting the runner's high.
Oh yeah!

As promised here are a couple of pix from the mountain house. We got an unexpected 3" of snow yesterday which put me off my run, but will make for a chilly but spectacular run today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
driveway.JPG (46.6 KB, 3 views)
deck view.JPG (46.4 KB, 3 views)
house2.JPG (44.9 KB, 5 views)
house.JPG (44.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 11-21-2011, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

Wasn't able to get my long run in on saturday, because of a wedding. So I went out this morning...it was low 40º and a little misty/light rain.

I finished my 6.2 mile run in 1:02:54.
Miles 1 and 2 were at 10:00 pace
I slowed down to a 10:30 pace (5k time was 30:30ish)
Then picked up to a 9:30 pace for mile 4
Finishing with 2 11:00 minute miles

I think I did that math right :/
Old 11-23-2011, 08:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki

The next "big" race will be the Death Valley 1/2 first Sat in Feb.

SW, want to come down for this one? There is also a 10K.
Yikes! Death Valley....I can picture the buzzards circling me now....
Thanks for the offer, but no thanks....maybe if it were in a different setting like Yosemite, then ya, I'd be down fer sure.

Looks like rain is in the forecast for the big race tomorrow...bummer
Old 11-23-2011, 09:12 AM
FitDay Member

But Death Valley is lovely in February.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by handcycle2005
But Death Valley is lovely in February.
Indeed it is! And being below sea level, there's so much oxygen, my lungs hardly know what to do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.