TEAM FITDAY: Running and walking club

Community
Notices
Like Tree1Likes

TEAM FITDAY: Running and walking club

Old 01-08-2013, 07:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Robingen
That sounds fun but expensive. I know a good bike is a lot. That's why I bought mine second hand.

I know that you can rent racing bikes for events, don't know what it costs. Probably kayaks as well.
Yes, one could rent the bike & kayak, but I will need to train on those two items... I've priced out kayaks and this time of year would be the ideal time to buy.
As for the bike, I've got an older mtn bike that I was going to sell and put that $ towards the purchase of an entry level road bike.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:56 AM
FitDay Member

Ran today! My GPS app had a minor freak out and added an instantaneous 0.3 miles to my run, so my stats are out of whack now But it made it look like a ran a 7.5 minute mile! I'm hoping they'll fix it for me.

kimbur, I'd be interested to know what training program you're using for your half-marathon - I'm going to be needing a program soon.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Ran today! My GPS app had a minor freak out and added an instantaneous 0.3 miles to my run, so my stats are out of whack now But it made it look like a ran a 7.5 minute mile! I'm hoping they'll fix it for me.
Lol, that reminded me of a 1/2 that I ran last year which the lead cyclist made a wrong turn and of course everybody followed him which added about 1/4 mile to course. There was some PO'd runners at that race.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:46 PM
FitDay Member

Just registered for a 1/2 in early May- Woohoo!
Old 01-10-2013, 11:38 PM
FitDay Member

Nice! Reminds me I need to register for the 5k in Pittsburgh in May.

I ran yesterday - it was fine, although I felt kind of sluggish. I don't know if maybe it had something to do with the flu vaccine I'd just gotten. Or maybe I was just kind of off. In any case, I still did the same loop, my pace was just pretty slow.

Nike+ did fix my running GPS oops. Actually I randomly posted the question on their facebook page and they were on it and fixed it for me within like, 30 minutes. I was really impressed!
Old 01-11-2013, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, I'm registered for the 5k now! Yay, so fun!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Okay, I'm registered for the 5k now! Yay, so fun!
Awesome!
Old 01-12-2013, 07:22 AM
FitDay Member

Ran 3 miles today, took me 34 minutes, and that was with walking maybe... 8 minutes of it. I'm still vaguely following the C25k program that I'm doing, but I find myself wanting to walk less than it tells me to. But I still do some of the walking.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

So one difficult thing about starting longer runs is that I don't want to run where it's really hilly. One big problem - I live in Pennsylvania! Hills are everywhere! So I'm excited 'cause I was able to talk to someone yesterday who does a lot of running, and he recommended some great places to run that will be both scenic and pretty flat.

Does anyone have any recommendations for running gear? I don't have a lot of money, but I basically run in my bulky sweat pants and old T-shirts and sweatshirts right now, and it's kind of cumbersome. I could some cold weather bottoms and tops. Suggestions?
Old 01-13-2013, 09:40 AM
FitDay Member

Target has a good selection of inexpensive running gear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.