Notices
Like Tree1Likes

TEAM FITDAY: Running and walking club

Old 11-07-2012, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
I am running the Mission Inn 10K on Sunday. I did it last year and came in 3rd in my age. Shooting for 1st this year!
Good Luck!
Old 11-13-2012, 09:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default 1st in my division!

Knocked 1:30 off last year's time: Mission Inn 10K @ 53:03.

I was hoping to beat 53 minutes, and probably would have if I didn't have to drink at every dang water station! And being a great race they were plenty of them. Serious dry mouth. I wasn't all that thirsty, but it was cool, in the 50's and dry. I can usually get through 10K without water, but for some reason, not on Sunday.

Still, pretty happy with the results!
Old 11-13-2012, 05:39 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Knocked 1:30 off last year's time: Mission Inn 10K @ 53:03.

I was hoping to beat 53 minutes, and probably would have if I didn't have to drink at every dang water station! And being a great race they were plenty of them. Serious dry mouth. I wasn't all that thirsty, but it was cool, in the 50's and dry. I can usually get through 10K without water, but for some reason, not on Sunday.

Still, pretty happy with the results!
Congrats!
Old 11-19-2012, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

delete

Last edited by ayokunle; 11-19-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default The California International Marathon

Well I did it! Woohoo! Crazy weather tho- a huge storm was hitting our area at exactly the same time as the race start. Big winds with gust up to 45mph and torrential downpours, stinging sideways rain and localized street flooding- one helluva first 26.2!
But i figured I'm not the only dealing with it, there was an estimated 10,000 runners at this event, the largest they had ever had, so I wasn't the only one getting wet

I felt good all the way to about mile 14 and then my calves started to complain. At that point I had to alternate from walking to running and the rain was finally letting up some. By mile 19, the clouds parted and the sun was out-woo hoo! That really helped, by the time I hit mile 20, my calves were feeling a little bit better but my left ankle/ lower shin was feeling some pain.

I managed to run for the last 4 miles to the finish- that was an awesome feeling to even finish! I certaintly did not set any records, but I did finish which was my ultimate goal.
Of course, today's weather is absolutely beautiful.....

I'll probably do it again next year knowing what I know now about going the distance.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:18 AM
FitDay Premium Member

WELL DONE! You are quite a trooper, I am not sure that I would have followed through under those conditions. But at least you didn't overheat
Old 01-03-2013, 12:14 PM
FitDay Member

Set a goal of a half marathon the end of April or early May. Up until last September i had never even run a 5k. I am very slow "runner" but I hope to make my goal. Looking for tips and motivation
Old 01-04-2013, 02:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kimbur96
Set a goal of a half marathon the end of April or early May. Up until last September i had never even run a 5k. I am very slow "runner" but I hope to make my goal. Looking for tips and motivation
Hello Kimbur, all I can say is start training now.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sw07
Hello Kimbur, all I can say is start training now.
I am. I had been running 3 miles 3 times a week for a month or two. I was just off for two weeks because I got a nasty cold that seemed to hang on forever. But started a training this week again. Plan is 4 runs a week with one of those as my long slow run increasing distance. Hope to cross train 1-2 x week also, but we will see how it goes. I was up to 6 miles on the long run before I got sick. I'm very slow but I accept that. My only goal is to finish and not walk.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kimbur96
I am. I had been running 3 miles 3 times a week for a month or two. I was just off for two weeks because I got a nasty cold that seemed to hang on forever. But started a training this week again. Plan is 4 runs a week with one of those as my long slow run increasing distance. Hope to cross train 1-2 x week also, but we will see how it goes. I was up to 6 miles on the long run before I got sick. I'm very slow but I accept that. My only goal is to finish and not walk.
Nice, sounds like you're off to a good start.
I ran my first Full Marathon this past December and it was brutal and I ended up walking for some of it (Calf cramps), but I did finish it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.