Notices

Get moving with the kids. ?ideas?

Old 07-31-2011, 11:06 PM
FitDay Member

Default Get moving with the kids. ?ideas?

I like to keep moving with the kids. After many years of working, I'm now a stay-at-home mom. Between exercising and housework, (and all other mom-jobs) I've found some things to do with the kids that keeps us all moving and things to do together.

-obstacle courses in the back yard
-swimming
-DANCING (dance crazy using your whole body) at night we'll turn off the lights get out the glow sticks and have a kid-rave.
-WALKS ( we call them adventures - or a scavenger hunt hike)
-we've even played ZOMBIE ESCAPE! (jog in place until someone spots a zombie - then we sprint in place, or pretend to climb a ladder, punching, kicking... silly stuff, but fun)
-I use my 1 year old for some of my weight training (and he loves it)
-AIRPLANE with my 6 year old - if you do it just right and pulse your legs, you get a decent work out.
This is working out great so far. I'm moving around nearly all day long and my kids are getting more of my time without forcing in a game of Candy Land.
???Anyone else have fun things they do with the kids to keep moving???
Old 08-01-2011, 06:43 AM
FitDay Member

Hiking and "geo-caching", its like a treasure hunt with a GPS.

Dave