Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
30 Day Workout Challenge >

30 Day Workout Challenge

Community
Notices

30 Day Workout Challenge

Old 03-04-2010, 08:10 AM
FitDay Member

30 minutes cardio on 3/310 Treadmill 3 miles this morning. I need to do strength training tonight...I'll see.

Good luck to all
Old 03-04-2010, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

My post above should read 30 min of cardio on 3/3/10 . Did 3 miles on treadmill this morning 3/4/10 . I need to do strength training tonight. I tried to edit my first post but for some reason it didn't work.
So sorry about the repeated, but corrected posy.

Stay strong All
Old 03-05-2010, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default 3-4

This post is for Thursday the 4th. I almost didn't exercise, it was one of those days but finally bit the bullet and did 45 minutes of TBW last night.

Welcome mjvallee: I'm glad to hear that you're working on your weight loss goals here at Fitday again. Their food tools are what brought me over here - it makes it so much easier to stay on track since I like to change recipes around to suit my taste buds. Good luck on the 60!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll post my exercise for today this afternoon when I'm finished. I hope to walk in addition to TBW.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:21 PM
FitDay Member

Still no strength training, but did 3.5 miles on the TM. today.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default 3-5

Friday 3-5
30 minutes TBW
Instead of walking, I spent 2 hours starting to build a raised bed to grow tomatoes. I plan to do more of the same today.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:32 PM
FitDay Member

Saturday 3/6 Only did 1 mile. Late night. I haven't missed a day walking in 20 days now; sometimes it's only a mile, but it is still a walk. That's my story & I'm sticking to it. LOL!! I'm really lacking when it comes to strenght training. Will try to improve that this week.

Good luck & stay strong
Old 03-07-2010, 12:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Question New to the discussion boards -- how does this challenge work?

Hello,

I'm newly determined to lose and keep extra weight off; and have found in the past that increasing exercise works much better for me than trying to count calories too strictly. Is this an ongoing personal 30 day challenge or is there a segment that's in progress. Please fill me in. I like to walk, hike, use the elliptical machine, and use light weights and a resistance band for strength training. My current plan is to start with 15-20 min. five days a week, varying the exercise, and to work up to 45-60 min. five days a week over the next two months. Does this fit with your group?
Old 03-07-2010, 01:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default 3-6 Day 13

I worked 4 hours building the raised bed; digging, moving cinder blocks, etc. I was too tired to do my walk in the evening.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default 3-7

today is my recovery day so I'm just relaxing. I still want to get into the habit of talking evening walks, but just haven't made that leap yet. I'll continue working on the raised bed and other gardening & backyard projects and do TBW on days that I can't do the outdoor workouts.

HTML Code:
haven't missed a day walking in 20 days now; sometimes it's only a mile, but it is still a walk. That's my story & I'm sticking to it. LOL!! I'm really lacking when it comes to strenght training. Will try to improve that this week.
WOW 20 days!! That is so awesome need2losen2010! You're so my inspiration! Good luck with your strength training. I have no doubt that you're going to get into the habit of that and do well with it as well. Are you using a specific program?

HTML Code:
how does this challenge work?

I'm newly determined to lose and keep extra weight off; and have found in the past that increasing exercise works much better for me than trying to count calories too strictly. Is this an ongoing personal 30 day challenge or is there a segment that's in progress. Please fill me in. I like to walk, hike, use the elliptical machine, and use light weights and a resistance band for strength training. My current plan is to start with 15-20 min. five days a week, varying the exercise, and to work up to 45-60 min. five days a week over the next two months. Does this fit with your group?
JOELVEN2, Your plan sounds great, but actually it doesn't matter what you choose to do for this challenge, just that you do it for 30 days. Everyone makes his or her own goals and are finding their own way. We're here to support each other in this journey.

I have 2 goals. 1- Ease into exercise this time to avoid injuries and to slowly build up strength and endurance and 2 (maybe the most important for me) - create a doable total body workout for myself and get into the habit of doing it everyday-well 6 days a week for me since I take a recovery day every week.
Good luck!

I hope everyone had a great week and will have a successful new week.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:26 PM
FitDay Member

Hello;

desertmountain thank you for your kind words. This thread really does help to keep me on track, knowing I need to post what I've done or haven't done is a great motivator. I also mark my mileage on my calendar so it stares me in the face & since Ive got over 3 weeks of walking under my belt, I don't want to miss a day to have to start over. Keep up the good work. Building a raised bed has got to burn a lot of calories.
Good luck to the nebies as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.