Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
Does anyone use workout videos/dvds at home? >

Does anyone use workout videos/dvds at home?

Community
Notices

Does anyone use workout videos/dvds at home?

Old 04-27-2010, 05:33 AM
FitDay Member

I love working out at home. I love to mix it up from cardio to step to pilates to yoga. Having the dvds you can learn the routines and return to them like old friends.

Sharon
Old 04-27-2010, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, I use workout DVD's at home. I also go to the gym 1-2 times/week depending on my schedule. We also have an elliptical machine and stationary bike in the house. I have to mix it up, or it gets much too boring for me. Before I got married and had kids I always went to a class or worked out at the gym, but it's hard to get that kind of time away from the children. So I started working out at home and found that I love it. I also like that the kids see me working out, so long term they will know how to get fit at home themselves.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:14 AM
FitDay Member

I really like excercise TV. It's basically a channel you can buy and it is demand...it is cheep and it has soooo many workouts. I also LOVE bootylicious buns by stephanie vitorino its a cardio and lower body toner. There are 3 different videos.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

I have two workout videos that I love, and they're both by Karen Voight. One is only on VHS, I believe, but it is my favorite. It's called "Your Personal Best." Karen gives really good cues and when I'm done I know I've gotten a good workout.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:35 PM
FitDay Member

I use TheFirm: Dance Cardio once a week and I walk 2 times a week. I'm a beginner. Little less than 2 weeks and so far in my first week weigh in I lost 5 lbs. The dvd at first was extremely hard. I could only do the first dance and that was with me dragging. Now I can do the whole thing. It's a challenge. But I did it. I have NetFlix so I'm waiting for a few more to come in and try out. I'll keep it for a month, return it, and get the next one. NetFlix is good to have. My kids get their cartoons while I get my workout dvds.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

love having library of workout dvds -on those days when you don't have time to go the gym you can just pop one in and get a good workout
Old 05-31-2010, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

I'm on day 24 of Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred. I totally see a difference, not just in my size, but in my energy level.

I ordered some of her longer workouts for when I've done the 30 days. That way I can rotate more.

I like it because you don't do any one thing for too long. So you don't get bored.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:44 PM
FitDay Member

i also work out at home too, well, i do the exercise for a while, and then totaly forget about it after a while. i have billy blanks boot camp series, winsor pilate, easy shaper machine and workout vhs, treadmill, tony littles gazell, beach body total workout dvd with weight and ball, and carmen electra's cardio striptease, and .....
i have worked with anyone of the machines or dvds for some time and then have totally forgotten about it. i just don't seem to have enough motivation to stick with a work out plan. the only one so far that i have used the most has been tony little's gazelle.
maybe i shoud start looking for a exercise buddy no to keep me motivated to exercise?
Old 06-03-2010, 06:55 AM
FitDay Member

I don't use dvd's or videos because I end up just watching them without doing anything. I do love working out at home though. I have been working out with weights in the garage and going for walks in the neighborhood for about an hour and a half a day. Plus there is a flight of stairs leading up to a school that I have named the stairway to heaven. It is a steep flight of stairs that lots of people in the neighborhood use. I love exercising this way. It's way way better than going to the gym. I always saw the gym as a waste of money and mostly for ego. I could be wrong, but it's just my opinioin. Here is another thing, since I have been exercising without the gym I stick to it more.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by KimmyRocks
There's such a wide range...

I replied to this on the other post in the Women's dept. If you have a Netflix membership, they have titles you can borrow. If you find one you like, you can order it on Amazon or CD Universe for less than retail.

The CIA titles seem to be challenging. You can preview videos on Collagevideo.com, if you aren't sure. (You don't see much of the program, but at least you can get a feel for the instructor.) They also rate the choreography and break out the times for you.
I don't use dvd's or videos because I end up just watching them without doing anything. I do love working out at home though. I have been working out with weights in the garage and going for walks in the neighborhood for about an hour and a half a day. Plus there is a flight of stairs leading up to a school that I have named the stairway to heaven. It is a steep flight of stairs that lots of people in the neighborhood use. I love exercising this way. It's way way better than going to the gym. I always saw the gym as a waste of money and mostly for ego. I could be wrong, but it's just my opinioin. Here is another thing, since I have been exercising without the gym I stick to it more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.