Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
Does anyone use workout videos/dvds at home? >

Does anyone use workout videos/dvds at home?

Community
Notices

Does anyone use workout videos/dvds at home?

Old 03-06-2010, 12:40 PM
FitDay Member

Just got the insanity tapes talk about kicking but its by far the hardest ever but I love it
I lost 3 pounds the first week I did it.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:31 AM
FitDay Member

I own Walk Away The Pounds, Windsor Pilates, Total Gym workout video, and The Bean workout video. Those Pilates videos are SOOOOOO awesome!!! They are hard to do at first, but if you stay consistent with it, you will be very amazed at how easier it gets. Walk Away the Pounds is recommended for people who don't want to exert TOO much energy to the point where they're exhausted, but want to burn calories and get in a cardio workout as well.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:01 AM
FitDay Member

i use The Firm's newer videos, with the pink covers. i own 3 sets of weights; 3, 5 & 8 lb bells..i absolutely love them... also have the transfirmer system with 6 tapes but i unfortunately do not want to spend more than 30 minutes working out so i haven't used them for a while. the newer tapes are awesome and i truly stik with it. i don't need to lose weight but just tone and they are excellent for that!
Old 03-31-2010, 08:09 AM
FitDay Member

I've just started working out at home so I actually only have 2 DVD's, but they're great for me. I have Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds Intensity Walk. It has 3 different work-outs on one DVD and I do the Muscle Mile One. It's 20 minutes of walking and using light hand weights. I rather like it. I also plan to start doing Hatha Yoga in the mornings to get me started so I have Yoga for Beginners with Patricia Walden. It comes with a booklet that teaches you the poses using rolled up towels and blocks at first, so you don't kill yourself. To go with that DVD, I have the mat, strap, stretch band, small ball, and blocks. I can also go on Netflix and watch work-out videos instantly from my computer, but I'm limited in what I can do because my husband works 3rd shift and sleeps during the day. Plus, our house is over 100 years old and if I do too much bouncing I'm libel to put a hole in the floor! No to mention it'll rattle everything off the shelves! I have equipment that I don't use a DVD with, too. I have a Pilates Magic Circle that I use to start toning mucle. That about it for me.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:04 PM
FitDay Member

Default DvD

I got tired of the gym. To many people taking up space and interfering with my work out! So I just started to build my own home gym and also started the ChaLean Extreme Extreme Circuit Training DvDs on Monday. Like them a lot so far. The burn circuits are tough, yet not to bad. I sweat all over the place working at a slow pace. The Burn Intervals workout will probably be a fast paced booty kicker, but I say, BRING IT. If you want to shed some fat, and improve your strength at home, I'd suggest checking it out.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

I have several that I've tried once & never used again. Before I buy another one I'm going to the library (they can even order it from other libraries) to try out new ones out before I buy them. I've found tons of workout videos at garage sales that cost me 25 cents to a buck--mostly VHS format tho'.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

I've used the P-90x videos and have really enjoyed them. They are tuff, but with those and the meal plans I've lost 40 lbs in about 60 days. I quit using the workout videos for a while due to work load and other issues, but I stayed true to eating right and have not gained any of the weight back. I still try to get in some cardio and stretching but have not got back to the workouts yet. Guess i need to "Decide, Commit< Succeed". IT WORKS !
Old 04-02-2010, 11:42 AM
FitDay Member

I am an at-home workout enthusiast and have lots of dvds. I love Cathe Frederick and have many Beachbody workout programs as well - Chalean Extreme, P90X, Insanity and One on One with Tony Horton. You can also find lots of great workouts on ExerciseTV too.

I recommend finding a mix of cardio workouts as well as strength training to really round out your program.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:26 AM
FitDay Member

I'm a big fan of Tae Bo. Some of those advanced cardio work outs kick your BUTT. You'll be drenched by the end, but feel SO GOOD. And i like Billy Blanks, he just seems like a great guy. And for me, liking the instructor is a big part of it.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

I am using the P90X Classic program after trying the P90X Lean. The classic brings a more intense cardio aspect in addition to muscle work whereas the Lean program is primarily cardio and a little less intense. The key is to push yourself but not past your limits.

The program has a 30-day RISK FREE poilcy. Keep in mind you won't see real results for the first 2 weeks and up to 30 days but most of that factors into your diet. Just with any diet or exercise program if the food you eat is crap then no diet will be successful. The P90X program does help with the diet part of your weight loss in addition to the exercise part of it. I highly recommend at least giving it a try.

Go to link removed and take a look around my website and browse all of the program and supplement products that Beachbody has.

Good luck and if you have any questions or need that extra motivation boost don't hesistate to email me.

I have lost 40 lbs and 6% body fat since I began my transformation. I still have a little ways to go but I keep pushing through so "Bring It!"

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 09-29-2011 at 05:32 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.