Standing work- Strenuous work or highly active >

Standing work- Strenuous work or highly active

Community
Notices

Standing work- Strenuous work or highly active

Old 05-12-2011, 10:29 AM
FitDay Member

Question Standing work- Strenuous work or highly active

Hi, so on my profile I set it to 'standing work' but I'm wondering if I should change it to 'strenuous work or highly active'. I work as a hostess in a country clubs restaurant, obviously this is standing work and not strenuous. But I do two hours of cardio everyday. So would that count under 'strenuous work or highly active'? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:43 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Generally it's best to be accurate in your lifestyle and add in any extra exercise. So, I would choose "standing work" and add your cardio. Many people also find that the addition of 8 hours of sleep brings the calorie burn down to a more realistic number. Since every body is different, you may find the need to tweak your entries to bring them into line with reality.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-19-2011, 01:05 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for that info. I am a new member as of today and was having a hard time understanding the Lifestyle-calorie burn-thing. So I'm guessing I should put my lifestyle in, and my sleep and any activity-correct?

Last edited by sarankinus; 05-19-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:17 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sarankinus
Thanks for that info. I am a new member as of today and was having a hard time understanding the Lifestyle-calorie burn-thing. So I'm guessing I should put my lifestyle in, and my sleep and any activity-correct?
Yes, but... Some find they don't have to add sleep. Others find adding sleep makes their metabolism calories more accurate. You may have to track for awhile to see which method works better for you. I would suggest you add the sleep (as that method seems to work for more of us) but check your calorie deficit numbers against your actual weight loss in a couple of weeks (3500 calories = Approx 1 pound of weight.