Notices

What's The Most You Can Do...

Old 04-26-2011, 04:16 PM
FitDay Member

Default What's The Most You Can Do...

Just wondering if any of you fall into this category. What is the most progress you can make with the least equipment. I have a pair of dumbbells and an exercise bike. DidYyu guys make good weight loss progress with little or no equipment?
Old 04-27-2011, 11:07 AM
FitDay Member

I made some great progress with only 2 dumbbells (15 lb max), some resistance bands and a pull up bar. I did a workout routine called Power 90 (precursor to P90X), and it's loaded with ab workouts, push ups, squats, leg lifts, kicks, etc. It works!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:51 AM
FitDay Member

I have some equipment and I belong to a gym, but often I do exercises that don't require much, even when I'm at the gym I drop down and do planks, push-ups, sit-ups, yoga poses, stretches, etc etc. And when it comes to weights I own a pair of 1.5, 3, 5 and 10 pounds. I use them pretty much every morning, I just use them longer for more sets and sometimes I use them together (the 1.5 are wrist weights). I was thinking about getting a kettle ball, but it was like $50 ! I might as well put a strap around the youngest DD and use her instead, she's a little heavier even and a live load to boot, plus she loves to be tossed in the air. I also own a body ball, it's a pain to store, but is a surprisingly good workout and only cost about $20.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:44 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the replies. Mark, your starting weight and my current weight are about the same. What is your height?

Thanks to both of you for the great ideas.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mark999
I made some great progress with only 2 dumbbells (15 lb max), some resistance bands and a pull up bar. I did a workout routine called Power 90 (precursor to P90X), and it's loaded with ab workouts, push ups, squats, leg lifts, kicks, etc. It works!
yeah. In 6 mos. I went from 210 to 174. see signature.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:32 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by collegefbfan8898
Thanks for the replies. Mark, your starting weight and my current weight are about the same. What is your height?
I'm 6' 3". I currently weigh 188-189 and most people would say I don't need to lose anymore weight at my height and they're probably right. I mainly need to work on composition. I have a medium frame so if I could get to about 178-180 and only have about 17% body fat I would be in the best condition of my life. I think my body fat is about 22% as of right now so I still have a long ways to go. When I started this journey my body fat was around 30%, so I guess I'm past half way there.

I'm currently not doing the Power 90 or P90X but I need to get started again. I have recently gotten back to C25K and I really enjoy running.

My metabolism has certainly been kick started. I can easily eat 2500 calories and still be hungry. It's a real task to stay at or under 2000.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:06 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by collegefbfan8898
Just wondering if any of you fall into this category. What is the most progress you can make with the least equipment. I have a pair of dumbbells and an exercise bike. DidYyu guys make good weight loss progress with little or no equipment?
Body weight training, rubber tubing and a ball dropped 50 pounds in a few months. So yeah it can be done on the budget.