Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
What is your favorite Exercise to burn calories? >

What is your favorite Exercise to burn calories?

Notices

What is your favorite Exercise to burn calories?

Old 09-21-2011, 02:54 PM
FitDay Member

I recently started doing Turbo fire. I would love to add it as an activity but I don't know how.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:58 PM
FitDay Member

Previously, I was a runner. Now I ride a handcycle and lift weights.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Must give credit where credit is due: Actually Amy (almeeker) came up with "dreadmill"

In summer, of all the many activities I love the one I really enjoy the most is hiking. I can walk forever it seems and the hillier the trail the better. I run trails just because my time is limited (well it has other benefits too) but if I was limited to only one exercise it would be unlimited time to hike trails.
Gee thanks Pam, unfortunately I cannot take credit for "dreadmill". I really don't know where it's from, slang I picked up from the gym I think.

I love to walk and hike too, but I think my all time favorite calorie burner is dancing. Notice that I didn't say I was any good at, just that it's my fave.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

Swimming, when I can. I also really am enjoying Zumba - it's dancing cardio, I barely realize I'm working out until I stop and am covered in sweat!
Old 09-30-2011, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

Sex? It's my favorite. Although, apparently it doesn't burn as many calories as originally thought. I'd first heard that it burned 400-600 calories. The last thing I heard was that it burns more like 150. Bummer.

I hate running. It hurts, it's aggravating and I don't enjoy it one bit. I used to run with a buddy of mine who was in the Air Force. We'd run 3 miles a day for several months. True, I lost weight, but the blisters and knee and ankle pain just wasn't worth it to me. And I'm still waiting for that "runners' high."

I have a stationary bike that I ride after work while watching television. Plus, I do yardwork and work in my garden (I have a 1 acre lot). But that's really all the extra exersize that I get.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:48 AM
FitDay Member

1. Lifting weights through big compound exercises (squats, deadlifts, etc...). Been doing this only a month but it really really works.
2. Running on a treadmill (yes, it's less effective then outside, but a lot more enjoyable, plus TV :P).
3. Walking on a treadmill at relatively high incline (6-8%) and brisk pace (3.5 - 4 mph).
4. Elliptical on random/interval mode.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:09 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Favorite Exersize

I am trying to work my way up to a run. I have never been able to run not even in high school.
1. Walking on a treadmill at relatively high incline (4-7%) and brisk pace (4 mph).
2. Elliptical on random/interval mode.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:55 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by joycelocicero
I am trying to work my way up to a run. I have never been able to run not even in high school.
Keep working on that running thing. Go slow, treat it like an interval in your walking routine. Lots of people get hooked by just seeing if they can go a little further each time they hit the treadmill or the street. I'm not sure that running is the very best exercise as an earlier posted claimed, but it does have lots of physical and mental benefits - most of which will come as a surprise as you get a little stronger day by day.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:16 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Keep working on that running thing. Go slow, treat it like an interval in your walking routine. Lots of people get hooked by just seeing if they can go a little further each time they hit the treadmill or the street. I'm not sure that running is the very best exercise as an earlier posted claimed, but it does have lots of physical and mental benefits - most of which will come as a surprise as you get a little stronger day by day.
Despite being a former runner, I wouldn't say running is the single best. Running is best if you have a limited time and is the least expensive/most convenient and is tops for bone density. Cycling has the potential for burning the most calories as a ride can go for much longer duration due to the activity being no-impact.
Swimming is good as it provides a full body workout.

Actually, the best is whatever you enjoy doing and will keep doing it.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:45 AM
Super Moderator

Deadlifts & squats.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.