Creative Exercise >

Creative Exercise

Community
Notices

Creative Exercise

Old 03-12-2011, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default Creative Exercise

I'm looking for a way to burn an extra 1000 calories to make up for the lack of exercise this week and the steak, baked potato and mushrooms + alcohol I plan on having tonight. Now my problem; I was going to go cross country skiing but the temp has gone up to plus 5 Celcius, 2 choices left clean the house or go to the gym. I love the fact I can check out how much 5 hours of housework will burn. I think I will crank the music, put on my exercise clothes and do the cleaning. I can see about 3 reasons I will feel good once I do it. I plan to report back in about 4 pm, ready for a whirlpool bath and with 1000 calories in the bank. Mary
Old 03-12-2011, 08:55 AM
FitDay Member

I'm talking to myself but that's okay. I DID IT! I now have 1000 extra calories used up and 800 of my usual still to consume. Now I plan on spending them carefully after all that work. Mary
Old 03-13-2011, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

Kumochi,

The name of your thread peeked my interest as I am always looking for "creative" ways to exercise...... ughhhhh - house cleaning, hmmm maybe if I look at it as exercise it will be more attractive to do. Impressive that you did it for such a long period of time.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

I think my grandma would be shocked if i suddenly started cleaning out. I can't risk her health
Old 03-14-2011, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

I find it helps me get it done if I think of it as exercise and the calories I'm burning. Even dressing for a workout helped! I use the same mindset for grass cutting and snow blowing. Mary