Exercise & Arthritis >

Exercise & Arthritis

Community
Notices

Exercise & Arthritis

Old 05-11-2011, 10:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by staceyalberta
northernpt ~ foam rolling doesn't feel good doing it hurts a lot...lol. that's probably why i don't do it as much as i should. i do find it does help some.

pjh139psu ~ my chiropractor & massage therapist work very well together they keep me moving. i agree that a chiropractor is important. my workout leaves me in pain too, but if i don't move then it's worse...lol
Im going to be really nice and tell you the truth. I have the same problem and have been fighting it for almost 10 years. It ruined my fighting carrier. I spent thousands of dollars on chiropractors, and PT s. Started with foam roller and now I have to use a $10 rolling pin from walmart because my IT band has gotten use to it. Started with a tennis ball and now I have to use a baseball, for the exact same reason. Tried everything. Pills, exercises, stretches, etc EVERYTHING!

Did a MRI yesterday and just got back from X-ray.

I guess what I'm trying to tell you is, if you have arthritis like I do, nothing is going to FIX it. Its all temporary relief and the arthritis just keeps getting worse. Now the very thing I swore I wouldn't do, seems like the best option. Surgery.
I've been doing a lot of research on hip resurfacing, and realized if i did it 10 years ago, I would have been able to follow through with my dream.
So now better late then ever, I will be going for my first consultation. This BS stops NOW!

For some good info: Surface Hippy a Patient to Patient Guide To Hip Resurfacing
Old 11-21-2022, 06:12 PM
FitDay Member

Arthritis causes stiffness in the joints. It mostly affects older adults. One can take Soma pills which can lessen muscle stiffness and less pain.