Community
Notices

need help !

Old 01-31-2011, 12:57 PM
FitDay Member

Default need help !

Hi, 6 months ago i got into a car accident; causing multiple severe sprains (cervical, lumbar and dorsal) messed up ribs and croocked hips, ive been going to physiotherapy, osthetherapy 4 times a week since then. Sadly I used to work out 5-6 times a week before the accident, since then i had to stop any sport activity because of chronic pain. I was wondering if you guys had any idea of house training i could do, i really wanna get back in shape before summer, and i dont wanna wait until my doctor says i can start all over again. I cant stand/walk/sit for more than 40 mins straight, my flexibility is slowly coming back to normal and while exercizing pain seems to go away... until after where it gets worse.

thanks again
Old 02-01-2011, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator

Hi myriam.bujold, welcome to the forums!

I highly suggest following your doctors orders if your injuries were that serious.

Ask your doctors to give you a plan you can work on at home but I would think your "team" of doctors should have done that already if you are allowed to anything extra.

Waiting to be cleared is super hard but I know from experience that doing too much too soon can cause further injury and set backs.

Hang in there in work on eating healthy until you are cleared for workouts!
Old 02-07-2011, 10:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default Get in the water

The best suggestion I can give you is to get into the water. If you have access to a swimming pool this is great. A car accident can leave permanant damage so be careful. You just need to do some slow basic movement in the water. Aqua excercise are great beacuse they take a lot of stress of the joints and bones but still builds muscle.

Also If you do not have access to a pool , you can use the bathtub, it is just as good and may be better to start. Also the body does not forget all the hard work you put in. It will respond fast due to the months of training you put in before. Do not forget to eat "clean and healthy" Type 2 diabetes diet crisis exploded? - Midland Daily News: General Newspaper article is more geared toward obesity but it may help you since you are injured. It is Very important to heal with a healing diet
feel better