FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Exercise (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/)
-   -   Ab Lounge..Opinions..? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/3222-ab-lounge-opinions.html)

jhowar16 01-31-2011 03:30 PM

Ab Lounge..Opinions..?

Hey everyone! I'm about a week into FitDay and I'm having fun keeping track of what I eat and my activities but I need to start doing REAL activities and exercise. My boyfriend and I have an Ab Lounge we got from his brother- but have yet to put it together.

What are your opinions about it? Does it really work? Is there a right and wrong way to use it?

Thank you =)

vabeachgirlNYC 02-01-2011 03:24 AM

IMO, devices like that are a waste of $$$ unless you are new to working out and are unable to do sit ups or crunches unsupported, in proper form yet. :)

jhowar16 02-01-2011 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC (Post 34402)
IMO, devices like that are a waste of $$$ unless you are new to working out and are unable to do sit ups or crunches unsupported, in proper form yet. :)

Well it's a good thing we got it for free! :D But yea I usually do my sit ups with my feet under a couch or something for that kind of support but I'm curious to see if the Ab Lounge will really work for me =P

vabeachgirlNYC 02-01-2011 06:19 AM

I love doing crunches on my exercise ball but decided to make doing 100 perfect form sit ups in a row (without my feet being held or stopping) a goal. It was a lot different and a lot harder! I did 107 in a row so far and am working towards 120 "perfect" in a row now. :eek:

Why am I doing this? I have no clue, lol! :confused: But I can feel and see the difference! :D

jhowar16 02-01-2011 07:16 AM

I don't have an exercise ball =( Or much of exercise equipment at all, aside from my Shape Ups, two 3-lb weights and the new Ab Lounge so I don't have much to work with and no money for such things at the moment but if I need to invest in them in the future then I most likely will but we will see if I can accomplish my goals with what I have at the time being. I don't even know if I can do crunches without support lol I haven't tried in a while

vabeachgirlNYC 02-01-2011 07:53 AM

There are tons of exercises you can do without any equipment. Just getting active on a regular bases helps a lot. :)

BTW, ever done burpees? Haha... :D

jhowar16 02-01-2011 07:58 AM

Hmm that is true but my schedule is a bit hectic and the only time I really get to do anything I plan is on Saturdays and Sunday but I walk around indoors with my Shape Ups on.. so that's something lol

And no I have never even heard of Burpees.. :confused: does that have something to do with burping? lol just a guess

vabeachgirlNYC 02-01-2011 08:25 AM

Ha! No nothing to do with burping! :p

This is a burpee. I add lunges to mine when I feel brave! They work. They make you want to puke too but they work! :D

YouTube - Burpees

jhowar16 02-01-2011 08:38 AM

Oh wow! lol Those look interesting,, how many are you supposed to do? Or is it just a make-your-own-routine sort of thing?

Luckily I live in a townhouse, so no one is above or below me but my own area- so no one can complain lol, but where I work is a different story.

Maybe I should work on a routine of my own and include Burpees :D woo!
Thank You for the new info.

jhowar16 02-14-2011 07:29 AM

Finally after having set this up I can say that I already felt it working within the first couple sit ups- I'm excited to keep trying it because it's fun lol and a comfortable seat =)