FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Exercise (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/)
-   -   new here (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/exercise/3164-new-here.html)

dreams123 01-26-2011 01:09 AM

new here

I'm still trying to explore fitday.com but i wonder except walking and some exercises,what about jumping-- lets say 30 minutes?It must do something,right?:rolleyes:

rpmcduff 01-26-2011 02:54 AM

Any cardio workout will help you burn more calories. That includes walking, jumping rope, jumping jacks, biking, stairs, aerobic (including most workout videos). I assume you mean jumping in place? This too would be a good aerobic workout. You can also do jumps up to and down from a step (technically a plyometric exercise which you might want to look up). Welcome to Fitday!!

tonk0022 01-26-2011 01:20 PM

I think 30 minutes of non stop jumping would be hard on your knees :)

01gt4.6 01-26-2011 02:15 PM

I have a hard time jumping rope for a few minutes, it feels like it's going to kill me.
Welcome to FitDay.

dreams123 01-26-2011 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by rpmcduff (Post 33671)
Any cardio workout will help you burn more calories. That includes walking, jumping rope, jumping jacks, biking, stairs, aerobic (including most workout videos). I assume you mean jumping in place? This too would be a good aerobic workout. You can also do jumps up to and down from a step (technically a plyometric exercise which you might want to look up). Welcome to Fitday!!

Hi and thank you very much for this!:)

dreams123 01-26-2011 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by tonk0022 (Post 33793)
I think 30 minutes of non stop jumping would be hard on your knees :)

I'm very determined.I can do 30 minutes and then do other exercises,then i go back to jumping again.

path75 01-28-2011 10:21 AM

I started doing the Biggest Loser Cardio Max. It is a combination of exercises and you don't get bored. It includes jumping, jumping jacks, lunges, weights, and push ups. It also has three levels so you can start easier and work your way up. I had a really hard time jumping at first but it got easier. I think like some else already mentioned it may be hard on your knees to just jump and you want to work out your entire body to burn more calories. Remember stretching is just as important as exercise as well. Good luck and welcome!

dreams123 01-30-2011 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by path75 (Post 34070)
I started doing the Biggest Loser Cardio Max. It is a combination of exercises and you don't get bored. It includes jumping, jumping jacks, lunges, weights, and push ups. It also has three levels so you can start easier and work your way up. I had a really hard time jumping at first but it got easier. I think like some else already mentioned it may be hard on your knees to just jump and you want to work out your entire body to burn more calories. Remember stretching is just as important as exercise as well. Good luck and welcome!

Thank you,i remember that:)
And of course is important to work out the entire body (i was asking though about a part of my exercise)

I love this site;)