Notices

Wii for exercise?

Old 01-08-2011, 09:17 AM
FitDay Member

Question Wii for exercise?

I just started using the Wii board and the biggest loser game to get in my exercise. I have been using everyday for a week and had a weight in today and I am down 4.9 pounds :0)

Has anyone had success with this? Any other game you suggest?
Old 01-08-2011, 09:43 AM
FitDay Member

Gold's Gym Cardio Boxing is a good one, Walk it Out is another, and Outdoor Adventure. For Walk It Out and Outdoor Adventure you would need the floor mat thingy.

Cardio Boxing takes some patience to "unlock" the different levels, but once you do you can get a decent workout.

Walkit Out, my husband cannot stand the music, but you can unlock tons of different songs as you go along and evenutually choose your type of music (rock, country, pop). I don't mind the beginner music, just keep walking to the beat and trying to "build" my island. I easily walk for 45 minutes or more each time I use it.

Outdoor Adventure, lots of running and jumping. I like to pull this one out when the grandkids come over so we can compete in the foot races, log jump, or trampoline, etc.....
Old 01-08-2011, 09:51 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you so much! Have you lost alot of weight with this method?
Old 01-08-2011, 09:57 AM
FitDay Member

I've lost 17 pounds, but I don't know how much of it is due to the Wii exercise. I've also been keeping my calories low, eating lean protein and whole foods, avoiding starch carbs, and I try to walk outdoors whenever the weather allows. I take my dog and we usually walk about an hour. Two days a week, I use my dumbells and do strength training for my arms and squats and leg lifts for my legs & butt, crunches for my ab.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:20 PM
FitDay Member

I have been doing the Wii shape since April and NOT dieting, just making better choices and I have lost 35 pounds. I love it. It is very intuitive. I reevaluates you every 9th workout and tweeks the work out. I burn on average of 1300-1350 calories in an hour. Love it. Keep up the good work!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

Got my son NFL training camp for Christmas and was suprised at the sweat I got from it. It encorporates the leg and arm sensors and even comes with a resistance band for light strength training. Only played with it for a while so Im not sure what other features it has but it has more then just a cardio workout!!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:11 AM
FitDay Member

Question

Hi, just started on fitday ... how do you log the calories/exercise type when using Wii?

Vicki
Old 01-19-2011, 09:35 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Vicki160
Hi, just started on fitday ... how do you log the calories/exercise type when using Wii?

Vicki
Welcome, Vicki!

This is a fairly common question. I, too, exercise with my Wii for a little variety from my work-day walks.

I think the best bet is to choose one of the mild aerobic choices. WiiFit Plus tells you your calorie burn, so simply adjust the time to reflect that. That's what I do, anyway.

Regards,
Michael