Default Thursdays Workout

Chest & Back (sets/reps)
Seated Incline Press Machine: 2/5 160, 1/5 130#
Inclined Flys: 3/6 45# (x2)
Flat Bench Pullovers: 3/6 55#
T-Bar: 3/5 115#
Overhead Lat Pulldown Machine: 2/6, 1/8 160#
Ab machine: 1/13 140#, 1/7 140#, 1/7 110#
Hanging Straight leg lifts: 3/10 (Alternated these with the Ab machine and they ruined my Ab machine results.)
Elliptical: 5 min, level 6 warmup before weights, 35 min, level 6 post weights. 3.79 miles, 5.65 mph. (Personal best for speed/distance)

Hit my mini weight goal of 220!!!

Pam:
Congratulations on the Squats!!

SW:
3 pounds of muscle gain in 6 months is really impressive!!! Especially given the amount of running you do.

Yauncin;
Nice to see you back!
Old 10-26-2012, 10:35 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
Hit my mini weight goal of 220!!!
AWESOME Ron!
Now don't go celebrating too much over the weekend
Old 10-29-2012, 02:27 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Ahhhh, long run on Sunday. Aimed for 10 miles, but pretty much bonked at 8 and walked most of the rest. But it was a lovely walk. The next race is a 10K so 8 miles was plenty. Just wanted to see if I had enough in the tank to do 10 miles w/o any prep. Plus I worked of olympic lifting for about an hour and a half on Sat. All-in-all a great weekend!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:48 AM
FitDay Member

Ron- congrats on the mini goal! That's always a confidence booster.

Pam-sorry to hear about the bonk, but the olympic lifting sounds very impressive!

As for me, I ran another 1/2 this past Sunday and didn't do so well...It was a very hilly course with the last 3 miles were all up hill I really hate uphill finishes.
I was feeling tapped out by mile 8 and my pace was dropping fast, I also kept fighting the voices in head telling me to stop but I didn't listen and continued on.

All in all it was a good run, beautiful weather and scenery and I learned a lesson to add hills to my training... my final time was 2:13:06.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

Pam;
Nice workout! Not sure I am even brave enough to attempt a 8 mile run.

SW;
Congratulations on running another 1/2 marathon. 2:13 is still over 5.9 mph average! That is impressive especially over a hilly course.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
Yauncin;
Nice to see you back!
Thanks. Yeah I've been lurking since September. I ran the Flying Pig Marathon back in May and then took the next 4 months off, from pretty much everything. Anyway I'm trying to work on my time now so I'm back in the gym working on my legs and doing speed drills. I'll start back up on marathon training in January. Funny, I would have never thought 2 1/2 years ago that I would be scheduling workout cycles a year in advance.

Congrats on reaching 220!
Old 10-29-2012, 11:08 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by sw07
As for me, I ran another 1/2 this past Sunday and didn't do so well...It was a very hilly course with the last 3 miles were all up hill I really hate uphill finishes.
I was feeling tapped out by mile 8 and my pace was dropping fast, I also kept fighting the voices in head telling me to stop but I didn't listen and continued on.

All in all it was a good run, beautiful weather and scenery and I learned a lesson to add hills to my training... my final time was 2:13:06.
Sorry to see that you were a little disappointed in your time. Sometimes it just isn't our day. Your race results have been so impressive over the last year or so, you were bound to have a bummer race sooner or later - happens to everyone.

But the awesome thing is that you didn't listen to that nagging little voice and kept on pushing to the finish

Welcome back yauncin! Nice to "see" you again!
Old 10-29-2012, 04:49 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Sorry to see that you were a little disappointed in your time. Sometimes it just isn't our day. Your race results have been so impressive over the last year or so, you were bound to have a bummer race sooner or later - happens to everyone.

But the awesome thing is that you didn't listen to that nagging little voice and kept on pushing to the finish

Welcome back yauncin! Nice to "see" you again!
Meh, it's all good, it was my first time for that course and I now know what to expect for the next time.

My next run will be all flat, I just hope I can finish
Old 10-30-2012, 03:25 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Last week was pretty much a wash-out for exercise - fighting off virus, work convention, and then on Friday when I made it to rowing we had uneven numbers so i didn't get a seat in a boat. But yesterday made it back on the water. Even here on West Coast, windy and rainy - but nothing like East Coast is experiencing. Stay safe, everyone!
Old 10-30-2012, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

Jamie;
Glad to hear you are back to rowing!

I tweaked my knee yesterday, don't know what I did, am on Ibuprofen. Didn't go to the gym because it hurt and I didn't think I needed to take a chance on hurting it more. Feels better today but still stiff/sore. Have a Gun Show to get ready for this weekend which means working on things in the evenings. Will still try to get to the gym but my 3 workout goal is not looking good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.