Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 10-02-2012, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

MzMiNi – an hour is something to be proud of!

Ron, your arms must be screaming at you – looks impressive.

Pam, we are having beautiful fall in New England – I’m currently fretting that my heat isn’t starting up (so need to make an appointment with my friendly expensive repair man) – I wouldn’t trade for your 90’s.

Great run today – got my 5K in in just about 26 minutes, then kept going until I hit 5 miles in 40 minutes, then walked with good elevation for 10 minutes.

Stay strong!

Abby
Old 10-02-2012, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

Abby,
5 miles in 40 minutes is impressive!! I am jealous.

Pam,
Just being out in the 90 degree weather sounds like work!

I forgot I did a seated shoulder press machine burndown along with the other things I listed. 60# to 10# by 10# increments. Decreasing weight each time I hit failure. I had a protein shake after my workout and don't have any soreness this morning but it is normally 48 hours before my DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Sorness) set in. My chest however kept reminding me of last Fridays workout all weekend, lol.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:52 PM
FitDay Member

wow, all your workouts are pretty impressive!

yesterday I did the level 1 of the 30 day shred for the last time. :- And before that I tried a Denise Austin Workout but got frustrated with it because she changes movements so quickly (without warning) and until I figured out what to do now they already moved on. It was nice to watch, though.

on Monday I attended my Zumba course. Although I am not very happy with that either. We go through some 45min choreography and then we are somehow expected to dance this choreography in the following 45min. But we are all beginners, yesterday was the third session. And there's too little focus on form because of all that. So now I am not feeling bad about not signing up for the second part starting in mid-November anymore.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:38 PM
FitDay Member

I know it is not even 2 hour since my last post, but I need to tell you:

I left my appartment at about 8am today and went running in the park! For the first time in 8 or 9 years.
I was out for 30min but only ran for about 20min of those. (instead of running for 30min as I had planned). I had to stop because my legs were heavy and I had gotten a headache (mostly forehead) and my ears sort of hurt. Although it was not cold. Maybe my heartrate was to high? (I don't have anything to measure this)
Maybe it had to do with my eating too little yesterday. I only had vegetable in the evening. (overhours, tired and in a low mood. I wasn't hungry and didn't feel like eating. But did some exercise anyway.)

I ate a Banana and drank a glass of water before leaving for the park.

At least I did not get dizzy as I used to all these years ago. Maybe a little light-headed when I was back home.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:13 AM
FitDay Member

Nadine, no harm in back to back posts, glad you are using this resource. I had the same reaction to Zumba, moving was fun, but I couldn’t do the choreography without very slow careful breaking it down, and that’s not the cardio experience I go to the gym for!
Getting out and moving for 10, 20, 30 minutes, any of those is great – I find the hardest exercise for me is the movement where you put your feet on the floor and elevate your body off the bed. Sorry you had a headache, none of us can diagnose, but getting a little fuel in the tank before working out helps me.

Today I did the “video game bike” for 25 minute – one very hard ride (“Moody Ambush”, 5.something miles up a hill and down it), most of the way I led my “ghost” (who shows where the person I am competing with hit each of those spots) – however, when the hills got fierce, he got ahead, and beat me by about 10 seconds. Then I did “Dragon Chase” – very silly, you pick up coins and kill dragons on your bike – I lost 1000 points for riding into the water – who knew bikes weren’t waterproof!

This was followed by a killer boot camp class, squat jumps, and lunges, and
sprinting and lifting, oh my!

Have fun, be strong!

Abby
Old 10-03-2012, 05:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Impressive efforts from everyone! Abby, your "video game bike" sounds like a great way to make aerobic gym workout fun!

Good row today. We did 20 minutes on the ergs first, and the coach had me working on an exercise to improve my form (stomach muscles know they worked harder!) Then on the water we did two 12-minute drills of 4-minute blocks at progressively faster speeds. I was on the seat where we give the commands, so working on talking and rowing and still remembering to breathe. Colder and darker this morning, and the river was sort of choppy. Flocks of migrating ducks and geese sharing the water with us.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bettmrr
Hey there,

While browsing the threads today I spotted this one from aug 2010 thought it may be good to get it up and RUNNING again.

I try to workout most days and I'm very proud of myself when I do! I feel our efforts deserve to be recognised.
Alas this is not the most interesting topic for social interactions and I fear i'd have no friends left if I was to go on about it with them.

So we can use this spot to;
-give urself a well deserved pat on the back (or not as the case may be);
-get motivated when ur feeling less energetic;
-Own up when you've phoned it in or been lazy
-share tips and rate workouts.

I am a home exerciser for the most part. So far today I've done a 3.5mile walk but I plan to do more when I get home from work.

Anyone else care to share?

Just motivating myself to go out for a run now. It is tough because it keeps raining, but I am going to tough it out and go for a run anyway.

I agree we should all celebrate when we go because we all have 2 choices and is easy to make the choice of just sitting in front of the TV all night or actually getting off our butt and do something. lol

One thing I find helps me is making sure I drink plenty of water all day which gives mew the energy I need.

Its amazing how much we forget to drink water and the benefits of actually drinking it.

It can be used to suppress our appetite and so control our weight. And also to increase energy and wash out all the toxins.

Amazing how simple but effective this is.

Do you think tap water is healthy for us???? I am interested to know people's thoughts on this. I heard many conspiracies online. lol
Old 10-03-2012, 06:01 AM
FitDay Member

Nadinechen,
Sorry you didn't feel well when running but kudos for going.
Jamie,
Your rowing always sounds like a great way to be out in nature.
Abby,
The video bike sounds like it makes the cardio time interesting and Boot Camp just sounds HARD!!
Jess,
Welcome to the group. We look forward to hearing your updates. Are you a beginner, experienced or just returning to working out?

No workout for me last night. Ready for LEGS tonight. Maybe I can get my son (18 yrs old) to go to the gym with me.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JaimeMWS
Colder and darker this morning, and the river was sort of choppy. Flocks of migrating ducks and geese sharing the water with us.
How long is the outdoor rowing season in your parts? It seems to end with “Head of The Charles” here (end of October)

Ron, hope you were able to drag your son to the gym!

Thursdays normally are cardio then yoga, but today, I skipped cardio, and just went to yoga, it was a sub whom I’ve never worked with before, pretty hard class, I did do a full backbend which amazed me!
Old 10-04-2012, 02:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
How long is the outdoor rowing season in your parts? It seems to end with “Head of The Charles” here (end of October)

Ron, hope you were able to drag your son to the gym!

Thursdays normally are cardio then yoga, but today, I skipped cardio, and just went to yoga, it was a sub whom I’ve never worked with before, pretty hard class, I did do a full backbend which amazed me!
I'm told that outdoor rowing continues here until after Thanksgiving.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.