Notices
Like Tree2Likes

Did You Exercise Today???

Old 09-26-2012, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sw07
Lol...sure you can, just ride a bike
SW, Better make that a Motor Bike. LOL!!
Old 09-26-2012, 03:40 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Tough rowing workout this morning. I'm scared about Sunday's race, and battling the voices in my head that say I can't do this.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
SW, Better make that a Motor Bike. LOL!!
Lol....
Kept the workout light yesterday, 15min stationary bike ride, 100 crunches @ 70#, 100 Incline Lumbar ext. with 25#(4 sets /25 reps) and some leg extensions @ 100# (2sets/12 reps) and 150# (2 sets/10 reps).

Going back after work today to get in some Squats and deadlifts and more crunches and lumbar extensions.

I also registered for a 1/2 Marathon this morning for Oct. 7th I'm shooting for a 2hr finish time.

Originally Posted by JaimeMWS
Tough rowing workout this morning. I'm scared about Sunday's race, and battling the voices in my head that say I can't do this.
Don't listen to them, your training will take over and you will succeed!
Old 09-26-2012, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

Ron and SW, thanks for keeping me laughing! I bet Jamie rowing can beat the motorbike, and the runner on the same course (as those don’t function well on water, except in one case Jamie can tell you about, and it was walking, not running).

Ron, posting yet another Personal Best!

Pam, so glad to have you back! I missed you.

Jamie those voices an easily be shut up with the “I am doing this”

SW – good luck with the half!

For me, it was a nice run, 5K in 26 minutes, which is my wheelhouse of time, I did keep elevation on, so I’m working a little harder. And, this was followed by boot camp, why did I ever say it wasn’t challenging enough (fortunately, none of my class mates know I’m the one who said that, or there would be locker room brawls).
Old 09-26-2012, 08:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JaimeMWS
Jamie,
Just beat those voices with a paddle! We want to hear about it next week.

Pam,
Welcome back.

Abby,
Good workout!

SW,
You reminded me that today is Leg day, My least favorite of my 3 splits (maybe because it is the hardest) but its getting better.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Took a minute off my 5K time! (But it was all flat). This was before a yoga class, I really like starting class sweaty and having worked hard, the body feels ready for the poses. I love this experience, I’m giddy!
Abby
Old 09-27-2012, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
SW,
You reminded me that today is Leg day, My least favorite of my 3 splits (maybe because it is the hardest) but its getting better.
Yep, yesterday's workout consisted of torturing my legs with squats,deadlifts, presses, extensions and lunges. Knocked out a couple hundred crunches and lumbar extensions, felt great at the time but I'm a little sore this morning.

Gonna continue the torture by going for a short (3-4 mile) run after work and I plan on a 10 miler this Saturday in preparation for my 1/2 on the 6th.

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Took a minute off my 5K time! (But it was all flat).
Abby
Nice!
Old 09-27-2012, 03:21 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Took a minute off my 5K time! (But it was all flat). This was before a yoga class, I really like starting class sweaty and having worked hard, the body feels ready for the poses. I love this experience, I’m giddy!
Abby
A minute off your 5K is huge - well done!
I agree about starting yoga after a workout when your muscle are nice and warmed up - it is a great combo.

Thanks for the welcome back

Jaime, try to replace those voices in your head with the voices outside, such as your coach encouraging you all to work hard, be efficient, and do your best. That is all you can ask of yourself. Oh and remember this is not life or death... this all in the name of fun.

Pretty easy (well, short) workout this morning.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:38 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Thanks, everyone, for the encouragement! I am feeling a bit better after we got an email from our coach saying he was pleased with how hard we worked yesterday. If it was easy, it wouldn't be called a "workout," right?
Old 09-27-2012, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

No workout last night Had to work on a replenishment order for the firearms business with my son. Took way longer than I wanted. But that is out of the way. NO EXCUSES for tonight!

I just wanted to express my gratitude for the rest of you on this thread. The positive encouragement that you provide to me and each other has made this thread my favorite part of Fitday. THANK YOU!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.